Unable to log in to RingCentral Meetings from one Mac. Problem is identical to Eduardo's

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
About 4 days ago, RingCentral Meetings on one of my Macs (MacMini i7, 16GB, running OSX 10.11.6)  started exhibiting the same behavior as reported in the community forum by at least a half dozen users now. Every time I try to log in, RC Meetings reports I am not connected to the Internet, and I need to check my network connection. My Internet connection works just fine because I can connect to every other Internet service or website I use. I can even connect to the RingCentral Glip app. Because I can't log in, I am unable to connect to meetings and the floating window with Join Meeting / Start Meeting buttons won't load. FYI: I am running RC Meetings for Mac version 6.3.135305.1213, which is the most recent version as reported by the application itself.

At first, I thought the issue might be an account problem, but my tests demonstrated that wasn't the case. I was able to log in to my account from the web at service.ringcentral.com. Next, I attempted to use RC Meetings from my Mac laptop. Everything worked perfectly.

Now for the real clincher, I can log in to RC Meetings, and it works beautifully on the same Mac where I'm experiencing this issue when I boot the Mac from an external SSD running a slightly earlier version of MacOSX (version 10.10).  The only variation I have noted is a report by the MacOS network traffic inspection utility, Little Snitch, which reports RC Meeting's digital signature is different when running from the external SSD partition than when booting from my primary internal SSD. Little Snitch's messaging is a bit cryptic, but it suggests the application isn't signed on the Mac partition I can't log in from. I opened the application package and did some snooping around, and I discovered this in the plist XML:

It kind of looks like there might be something missing, don't you think? Of course, I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I've given you a whole bunch of information to investigate and resolve this issue.

Let's review. I eliminated all of these possible variables:

• Not a firewall issue: No firewall in operation; no ports are blocked.
  • Not an account issue: I can log in to my account from service.ringcentral.com. I can log in from my Mac laptop. I can log in on the Mac I'm experiencing the problem on when booting from an external SSD with an alternative version of the OS.
  • Not a router or ISP issue: All testing has been accomplished using the same router and ISP.
  • Not a computer hardware issue: I can connect from the same Mac that can't connect when booting a slightly earlier OS version from an external drive.

Jessica - If you are reading this I would argue you haven't been doing your job (or a very good job) by directing folks experiencing this issue to submit tickets to tech support. I have a free account, and I haven't found a way to submit a ticket or interact the support team on chat. I wanted to expedite resolution of this issue so I tried to buy a paid subscription two nights ago. I tried two different credit cards, but RC's payment gateway reported it couldn't process my cards. It wasn't telling me it could authorize charges to my card (which my bank would have notified me about) so it sounds like Ring Central' payment processing might be offline. No help there.

As a community evangelist, it's your role, Jessica, to act as a facilitator who elevates customer concerns so they get the visibility within your support organization necessary for quick resolution. I am very glad to see that you created a ticket for Edoardo Tuo, who IMHO was treated in a condescending, unhelpful manner by J.B. Ferguson, who, again in IMHO, is not the kind of person you want representing RingCentral and its brand.

Right now, I have a very lukewarm opinion of RingCentral's customer service and support organization, which is a great opportunity for you to convert me from a skeptic to a fan. I'd start by forwarding my email to your executive response team so they can connect with your developers in hopes of getting this issue resolved quickly and easily for everyone experiencing it. 

Please send me the ticket number if you create a ticket for me. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you or someone else at RingCentral.

Len F. 
Photo of Len Fischer

Len Fischer

• 550 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Trevor Parks

Trevor Parks

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Identical problem with new MAC with most recent updates installed.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
For the record, I am NOT a RingCentral employee nor do I represent RIngCentral and it's brand. I am a customer, just like those with paid accounts, who tries to help out here in the community based on our experiences and knowledge of the system.  I am not paid by RIngCentral nor compensated with a free account or anything else to help out here.

Furthermore, my responses to Mr. Tuo were hardly condescending and it seems that those in the community are only "helpful" in your eyes if they solve a person's issue. I simply made recommendations and asked questions, which only one question of the ones I asked was answered by Mr. Tuo. My track record of helpful responses speaks for itself with 887 likes on 1,410 responses.

You, of course, are entitled to YOUR opinion. But unless you work or have worked at RIngCentral and know what Jessica's job description is and what her job entails, I would only conclude that your comments to her were very condescending and certainly were not helpful.

I'm done with this entire issue.

(Edited)
Photo of Becky - Community Support

Becky - Community Support, Official Rep

• 1,094 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We appreciate your support, J.B.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,284 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Len, 

I have escalated your issue to our Executive Response Team. Your case number is 08286495 and someone will be reaching out to you soon! 
Photo of M Ch

M Ch

• 62 Points
Hi, Jessica - I'm not sure if this is the right way to do this, but I'm having the exact same problem.  When I try to login to Ring Central on my Mac, it tells me that I don't have an internet connection and to try again.  

Hi M, 

This is a known issue that has been reported. Currently, there are a couple workarounds posted throughout Community. Make sure to check and see if you have both Zoom and RingCentral downloaded-- if you do, follow these steps: 

1. Click on the search option in the top right of your desktop
  2. Search for ‘~/Library/Preferences/’ then select “Preferences”.  This will open up the Finder.
  3. In Finder, search for the file named “ZoomChat.plist”
  4. Right click on 'ZoomChat.plist', and select ‘Move to Trash’.
  5. Uninstall RC Meetings. Back in Finder, navigate to ‘Applications’.  Find ‘RingCentral Meetings’, right click and select ‘Move to Trash’.
  6. (If Applicable) Uninstall Zoom. Back in Finder, navigate to ‘Applications’.  Find ‘Zoom.us’, right click and select ‘Move to Trash’.  
  7. Right click on the Trash Can in the bottom right and select ‘Empty Trash’.
  8. Restart your Mac. 
  9. Reinstall RingCentral Meeting which can be found here: https://success.ringcentral.com/lc/cms/downloads

Photo of Jay Reed

Jay Reed

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I know this is a common question, but is there any identified cause of this yet? It seems to be happening to random reps without any discernible pattern. 

If there's any more information for this issue, or if I'm looking in the wrong place for updates, please let me know. 

Hi Jay, 

It's tied to the plist with Zoom and the RC app. I don't have any more details beyond that. A permanent fix should be in place on our next meetings update (barring any major hiccups and bugs) 
Photo of Marcus Boggs

Marcus Boggs

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for your involvement with this issue.  I am having the same problem (i.e can't log in to RC Meetings, .check network connection, invalid meeting ID,etc).  However, I am running Mojave 10.14.5.   When I tried the troubleshooting steps above, I don't have a ZoomChat.plist file to delete,   I have deleted both Ring Central and Zoom files per the instructions.  Restarted. Reinstalled RC Meetings and the same issue occurs.

Please let me know if there are any other workarounds. 
Thank you !

M Boggs
Photo of Otterly Resilient

Otterly Resilient

• 60 Points
Jessica I have the same problem as well 

• 5,832 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Otterly, 

I'm currently working with ERT and  Support to get all the accounts who have posted about this issue looked at. Once I get more info, I'll update everyone :) 
Photo of &K al

&K al

• 62 Points
Jessica,

Thanks Jessica. Will there be an announcement to update all Mac Users?

Regards,

DG
(Edited)
Photo of Trevor Parks

Trevor Parks

I've only seen updates advising that there would be updates and those experiencing the issue (seemingly all Mac users) would be contacted. . Has anyone been contacted in the 12 hours since the issue was first raised (12 hours after first reported on this thread alone)?

• 5,832 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
DG- 

There will be information posted in the threads referencing this issue, but there won't be a external email or anything of that nature sent. 

Trevor-

I know that Len and Edoardo have received phone calls, and the account information for all community members that have reported this issue have been provided to Support for more research. 
Photo of Dallas 214

Dallas 214

• 60 Points
Please add me to the list of users unable to join RC meetings.  Thank you.
Photo of Shaun Itoff

Shaun Itoff

• 72 Points
i too have the same problem.
Photo of Smoking Tx

Smoking Tx

• 60 Points
me as well
Photo of FTL BBottomBoy

FTL BBottomBoy

• 60 Points
I have the same issue as well,
Photo of c

c

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
same here as well 
Photo of Stephanie Levin

Stephanie Levin

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem, too.
Photo of Tom Maxwell III

Tom Maxwell III

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Same here!
Help!

Photo of Tom Maxwell III

Tom Maxwell III

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am finding on my iMac with OS High Sierra that i can get to a room number by 'joining' but not logging in. If I log in, I'm get that error message about a network connection.

If join via the room number and do not attempt to log in, i slide right into the room. As for the problem being linked to iTunes: I don't use iTunes on the my professional profile.
My iPhone 7 seems to access  Ring correctly, but iot is the worse possible way to attend any meeting over 4 people.
Weird.

The solution offered to work around this issue by creating 'another' user is not one I'm going to follow. I don't want a user ID dedicated to Ring.
This is my choice, and perhaps it is the right one for many. It just doesnt for me.

Thank You
TPM3
Photo of William Edwards

William Edwards

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well don't worry about the user id being dedicated to ring, because it will stop working in a couple hours just as the rest did. I am currently on my 15th or 16th account. But I guess it will keep going up since RC doesn't seem to be able to fix the problem. 
Photo of Nic NC

Nic NC

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The only way I have Gotten consistently past the error was to use the "guest" account on my mac.Since that account resets (deletes all files and settings) on log-out, whatever the issue is, resets.The drawback is that it all resets. Your room list history, and personal settings return to their defaults. Maybe the culprit is the files that are generated after the first run of the application for each user.
Photo of COSshades 354

COSshades 354

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I, as well am having the same issue. Mac mini mid 2014, Mac OS 10.14.3 supplemental. Ring central is the only app that will not connect to the network. Just as above I can login to Meetings via my phone or the browser account page, just not the desktop app
Photo of philly Boy

philly Boy

same here, apple says its the app itself not being undated for the 64 bit intel 
Photo of Raw D NYC

Raw D NYC

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same issue here. 2017 Retina 4k iMac Mojave 10.14.3
Photo of Adam Hughes

Adam Hughes

• 74 Points
Hi 

As with everyone above I have similar issues. 

Mac is 2 years old, Mojave 10.14.3, the RingCentral Desktop app is up to date. 

I am unable to login to the RingCentral desktop app even though I am a PAYING customer! The message tells me I don’t have access to Meetings, yet as confirmed by a support tech last night checking my account, it most definitely is.

(The support tech thought perhaps the activation of the Meetings App in connection with the account had not occurred which should happen as a default.)

I am unable to connect to ANY active Meetings ID. Even with a current ID number with colleagues attending the Meeting at that very time I am still returning an Invalid Room ID. 

However when I use the iOS app, I can join ALL of the Meeting ID numbers that failed via the desktop app, with ease. The exact same numbers that the Desktop app tells me are invalid! 

I would hope that my account can also be included alongside everyone’s here. 

(I have used the online Chat support twice to try and resolve this issue, the first time I gave all the details of my system so they knew that the issue was not due to any of the settings. I was told that the Meeting ID must no longer be in use so therefore invalid. After I explained again, I was told my computer's firewall was the issue. After it was confirmed the firewall settings were correct I was then told that there might be an issue with my wifi connection. After I explained I was connected directly via ethernet with a connection speed of 90Mbps, I was told again that the Meeting ID must no longer be current. Thankfully the second support tech trusted what I was telling them, they said they would check with the RingCentral account manager responsible for my account who may know more.)

Photo of Good Leather Boy

Good Leather Boy

I'm having the exact same issue on my iMac running macOS Mojave. The Ring Central Meetings application was running perfectly fine last week, went to login two days ago and got the "Check Network Connection ....." warning. I hadn't even used my computer since the last time I used Meetings so it's literally impossible that any macOS updates or any changes at all to occur to my iMac's operating system. 

I've tried to completely rest the network configuration, switched from Wifi to Ethernet, factory reset my router, call my ISP provider and had them reset my connection on their end and when none of that works combined with 3 hours on the phone with Technical Support going "I don't know" I factory reset my iMac. After a fresh clean reinstall of macOS Mojave, no restores or data transfers from Time Machine and only system setup done was connecting to Wifi [didn't login to iCloud, didn't activate Keychain, Siri, Location Services, absolutely nothing] I used the default browser Safari as is, and went to https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join entered the "Video Meeting ID" and clicked "Join Meeting" where as normal the Ring Central Meetings app pkg for macOS immediately downloaded and I proceeded to install as per the User Guide. I let the app do it's thing, the app started opening up the login/join meeting/sign up window, and immediately a pop-up appeared so "Invalid Meeting Number" [which it wasn't cause my partner was in that Video Meeting on his PC, in the same room, on the same network connection]. I clicked to close the pop-up window, clicked "Login" and entered my user account email, then password [which I did incorrectly getting "This email and password do not match" so obviously there is a network connection to validate my credentials right?], re-entered my password correctly, clicked "Sign in" and the app responded as as normal [timing & windows adjusting] but the instant the main window is opening [got like a very quick flash of the main window opening] the window shrank, resizing into a square window say "Network Connection ..." 

The fact the Meeting app verified my user credentials shows it can connect to my iMac's network. Since my operating software version is same when Meetings worked with no issue that's not the issue. Home Network & ISP not as they where reset to factory default also, no port mapping or advance configuration that's not mostly likely causing the problem. The fact that when going to uninstall the Ring Central App and plug-ins and remove any possible associated cache, cookies or log files I realized something vey strange ... the Meetings app for macOS had been installed in 3 different file locations, all with separate library files;

1) in the "Applications" folder
2) In the "Desktop" folder [2 apps identical apps here actually]
3) In the "Downloads" folder

I thoroughly checked, reviewed, analyzed each one and they were "aliases" but completely different apps which totally separate from each other. Strange to the "Ring Central" folder where recordings are saved had also been created somehow [which in my Ring Central online account is turned off].

Maybe it could be possible the issue lies with Ring Central services and actually nothing to do with macOS operating systems? 

So my question is, has this issue been resolved? If not, when can macOS users expect one?

Thank you 
Photo of Len Fischer

Len Fischer

Apologies. I have been very busy and have not checked back in. Let me share what I know, including a work-around that might help some of you.

• My connection issue has been escalated to Tier 3 Tech Support, which is actively working with RingCentral's partner (I assume that's Zoom) to resolve the issue.
  • At the request of RingCentral's Tier 2 Tech Support, I installed a special version of the RC Meetings client for Mac that creates diagnostic logs, which captured a lot network information. The logs have been sent to Tier 3 support.

Here is how you might be able to work around the problem. This solution worked for me. Hopefully, it will for you, too.

Create a new user account
Make sure you're logged in to account with Admin control over you Mac.
  1. Go to System Preferences --> Users & Groups.
  2. Click the padlock in the lower left of the dialog box that appears and enter the password for admin account you logged in from.
  3. Click the + in the lower left above the padlock icon to add a new user account.
  4. Complete the panel that appears. Choose Standard or Administrator from the New Account drop-down menu. Make sure to choose a password you'll remember and keep it somewhere safe.
  5. Click Create User.
  6. When the new user appears in the user list on the left, close System Preferences.

Launch the new user account

To log in to your Mac using the new account you just created, consider these options:
  1. Disable Automatic Login in Systems Preferences --> Users & Groups if it's enabled. This will let you choose the account you want to use to start up with each time you log in.
  2. Restart your Mac and click the icon for the new user account you just created when it appears on the screen.
  3. If you have Fast User Switching turned on, you can use it to switch accounts without rebooting.
Tip: Understand multiple accounts and Fast User Switching on a Mac.

Launch the RC Meetings app from the new user account
  1. Locate the RingCentral Meetings app in the Applications folder on your Mac and double click its icon.
  2. A panel should open prompting you to log in to RingCentral Meetings account. Enter your username and and password.
  3. If the log-in is successful, you should see the RingCentral Meetings floating menu panel appear in the top right of your screen.
  4. Click Settings (the gear icon) to set your general, audio, video, and meeting preferences, which will be unique to the new account you created.
  5. Start or Join a meeting to test RC Meetings is working correctly Note: Your recent meetings list will be empty. Your scheduled and recorded meetings probably will be missing, too. They're stored with the user account, not in the cloud or inside the app itself.
Let me know if this workaround works for you. I know creating a new account might sound a bit extreme, but it only takes a few minutes. Having to reboot as a different user each time you want to use RingCentral isn't the most convenient, but hopefully, it will only be temporary.

Best regards,
Len

(Edited)
Photo of COSshades 354

COSshades 354

This works for me. Thank you so much Len. At least we have a temporary fix for now. Hopefully they get a real solution soon. Thanks again
Photo of Raw D NYC

Raw D NYC

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Workaround was successful for me as well.
Photo of trevor

trevor

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You left out one critical note; DO NOT SIGN BACK IN TO YOUR iTunes ACCOUNT! When you first log in with the new user, you follow typical setup steps, one of which is to sign into iCloud /iTunes /iEverything. If you sign in the issue continues, skip it and suddenly everything works. I believe the root of the problem has been located.
Photo of Len Fischer

Len Fischer

Hi Trevor,

Interesting. I never would have thought my iTunes account would have anything to do with it. I didn't mention it in my directions because I never considered it. It's great that you noticed this critical detail and have been able to share that information here. I wonder if I reboot into my original user account and disable my iTunes account if Zoom will start working again for that account. I will have to test it out and let you know. Kudos Trevor for this important detail.

Len
Photo of Len Fischer

Len Fischer

Shades and Raw D - I am glad my solution worked for both of you. I assume neither of you logged back into your iTunes accounts as Trevor warns us not to. Just curious about your take on the iTunes connection.
Photo of COSshades 354

COSshades 354

Im logged into iTunes and no issues
Photo of TheMason

TheMason

• 62 Points
Had all the same issues as has been expressed....this workaround worked for me. Thank you!
Photo of Len Fischer

Len Fischer

Shades: Thanks for the update about iTunes. I agree. It doesn't appear to have an effect on whether I can log in to RC Meetings or not. See my additional notes below.
Photo of CJPT & Pilates

CJPT & Pilates

• 60 Points
This worked for me!!  Thank you.  Fingers crossed they fix the app soon.
Photo of Marcus Boggs

Marcus Boggs

Len,
Your solution is the only one that has worked for me.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!  I have been struggling with this for the last several weeks. 

BTW.  I am posting this 5 months after your original workaround and the RC folks don't have an official fix yet. This all occurred after I updated my OS to Mojave 10.14.5
Photo of Marcus Boggs

Marcus Boggs

Len,
Your solution is the only one that has worked for me.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!  I have been struggling with this for the last several weeks. 

BTW.  I am posting this 5 months after your original workaround and the RC folks don't have an official fix yet. This all occurred after I updated my OS to Mojave 10.14.5
Photo of Aloke Nath

Aloke Nath

• 60 Points
Len,

Thanks for the workaround, it's the only one that seems to work consistently!

However, the biggest issue with this workaround is that if you launch RC Meetings from a new user account, it will launch just fine, but now if you want to share you screen and you switch the account to show content from your original user account, RC Meetings is no longer accessible and you cannot share anything! In fact it suspends the connection to the other users that have joined your meeting! Is my assessment correct or am I missing something, i.e can I launch RC Meetings from the the new user account and still operate it from my original user account

I wish RC would just fix the problem - it's a pain in the behind and it's only been 6+ months since the original problem was reported.

Aloke
Photo of Len Fischer

Len Fischer

To recap quickly, I posted a workaround, which seems to be working for some RC Meetings users. Another user, Trevor, provides an additional tip to make the work around more bulletproof. His tip suggests a conflict between iTunes and the RC Meetings app, which would surprise me because bot applications include helper apps that run the background.

I have not heard anything more from Ring Central Tier 3 support regarding this issue. Tier 3 support team: Do you have anything to contribute?

Thank you to all of the RC Meetings users who have reached out to me directly or Me Too'd this issue to give it visibility. You rock!

Hi Everyone! 

I have received confirmation from Tier 3 that this is a known bug that is being researched now. I was advised that then new Mac OS is not yet supported, causing the issue. It was recommended to revert back to a previous OS, I've asked for confirmation as to the exact preferred OS to revert back to. I'll update this thread when I get more info!
Photo of carl stevens

carl stevens

Don’t waste your time. I went back to MacOS High Sierra and had the same issue .
Photo of carl stevens

carl stevens

I believe it has something to do with encryption. It seems you can access a meeting if the host has end to end encryption turned on.
Photo of Len Fischer

Len Fischer

Jessica - I have been running older versions of OSX (10.11 an 10.12) throughout this whole ordeal so Tier 3's assessment that the new version of the OS isn't supported isn't relevant in my case. I still haven't heard a peep from Tier 3, btw.

Also, I did some testing with iTunes and the RingCentral Meetings app based on what Trevor reported, and while enabling iTunes might have affected his ability to connect to RingCentral Meetings, disabling iTunes on the OS partition where I can't connect to RC Meetings had no effect. I still can't connect.
Photo of Craig Chapman

Craig Chapman

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Riiiiight. Spend a day or more rolling back to a previous OS, or sign up for a different meeting platform? Which does Tier 3 think is a better use of a customer's time? Gotta love those support guys who aren't on the front line and their...er...novel...suggestions.

Photo of jfhsea

jfhsea

• 62 Points
I have the same damn problem on my brand new MacBook Air and it was working fine on my older MacBook Air. I am 100% with Craig above... I am NOT going to waste any more time rolling back, turning other programs off so RC works. That resolution is a joke and shows RC is not concerned. 

Back to Skype I go..... ciao RC

Thank you everyone for continuing to provide details on your situations-- I keep forwarding your comments regarding what versions you are using to Tier 3 and the Executive Response Team. I'm glad Len found a workaround that seems to be working for some people! I'll post when I have more info! 
Photo of carl stevens

carl stevens

Len, even after a new user account on the Mac, it only lets me enter room with end to end encryption turned on. Didn’t Apple do something to Facebook and Google cause third party folks were not being true to the software lic? I wonder if Apple is protecting us from ourselves regarding privacy by only allowing access to encrypted meetings?
Photo of Cody McKinney

Cody McKinney

• 138 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why would you NOT want e2e encryption on to begin with?
Photo of DJ M

DJ M

• 62 Points
I'm on Mojave 10.14.1 and experiencing identical issues.   Len, your workaround works.   Thanks.   May I post in a few user forms that are a cross-over between Zoom and RingCentral?   The guys there are dying for help.   I wont use your name.

Photo of William Edwards

William Edwards

I too have been experiencing all of the above issues. I am working on a MacBook Pro 2017 running the most current releases of OS and RC. I used the workaround That Len suggested and was delighted to find it worked, for about a day. I have had to create a new account almost every other day in order to access. I also tried running parallel platform and downloading a windows version of RC, so I didn’t have to log out of my account each time. It works for them most part. Only issues being camera control, just takes a bit of time connecting a cam, just a lot of paths that need connecting. Just thought I’d share my experiences for what it’s worth.
Photo of Matt Decker

Matt Decker

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too have the same issue .. 
      perhaps its because I am getting older or perhaps the world is wearing me down .. but I find it absolutely amazing that this number of people reporting the same issue has gone on unresolved for at first hours  and hours , then days and days ...and now weeks and weeks.. and still nothing, not even an official statement from the company ,that I have found , and little Jessica , who I am sure is a very nice girl , is in over her head or so it appears ...then it dawned on me, like the rest of life its a numbers game ..and I would guess we don't pose much of a financial incentive to warrant time being spent  to resolve this issue ... we are Mac users, individuals , by in large non paying accounts .. I would guess that this App like so many was written for PC, Mac inclusion was probably a thrown together re-write , we are not corporations with  large pools of users paying big  monthly fees to use this service .. its sad but it certainly would appear that RingCentral would, I am sure, prefer to see us all just go away...  this kind of blatant  institutional discrimination pretty much blows and really has no place in todays age...do we all remember what happened to ICU2? RingCentral is just another ICU2.....  the clock is ticking RingCentral ..   why on Earth would you offer no charge user accounts and then drag your feet .. like molassas in January .. if you had no intentions on resolving any of its issues? .. you people can clearly do better than this .
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,550 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Matt, we do indeed care and our Support team is working very closely with our partner, Zoom, on this issue. Because this is happening on only Macs and it doesn't seem to matter which OS the user is on, it takes longer to investigate and pin point what is causing the issue :(

When we receive more info and an ETA for the fix, we will update this (and other threads) immediately :) 
Photo of Stephanie Levin

Stephanie Levin

Thank you!  My entire company relies on RingCentral and uses Macs.  More and more of us are struggling with the same issue.  I'm not sure what the catalyst is - but I am no longer the lone person that can't use RingCentral.
Photo of Matt Decker

Matt Decker

Thank you Saadet for the update... it seems to me there are 2 rather quick and  simple solutions to the issues at hand ... reintroduce V5.4 which , as far as I know , didn't have this problem and let everyone get on with their lives while you dick around doing whatever it is you are doing  or second .. I can't imagine there was very much code rewritten from the last version to the new version.. I would think you all must have some kind of program that checks your code before you launch something to insure there are no syntax errors .. run both versions and find the pieces of code that are different, review them manually and replace the anomalous code that is causing the issue.. I mean just look at some of the work some of the users have already complied with running their own system checks and found potential errors ...I would think it must be that much easier and faster to run something like that on your end and find what ever simple error it must be and get this resolved before the coming of the next ice age ... Im no computer guru or anything..but I can't imagine it to all that difficult.. I mean you had a version that worked for everyone and now you don't ... so what  code is different  and then what piece of code is causing the problem.. BAM!! and you are done before lunch time ... assuming you are actually working on the issue  and not just paying every lip service    
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

@Matt Decker - While I can agree that the issue you are all experiencing is frustrating and can affect, or is affecting,  your business operations, I think the harsh rhetoric that you and some others have heaped upon Saadet and Jessica is deplorable! Within your first sentence, whether you MEANT Saadet herself or RingCentral in general, it came out as Saadet is 'dicking around doing whatever it is you are doing'. Saadet and Jessica are conduits to other teams, such as product management, development, upper tiers of support, etc., via these Community Forums. Community Forums, not let's bitch at RingCentral employees forums. They are NOT developers, they do NOT work for Zoom, nor do they work for Apple. I'm sure their job is stressful enough without having to be insulted by those who don't know what their job actually entails , or wanna-be programmers imagining what the the RIngCentral code looks like and how it integrates through ALL their products and how an issue can be fixed without breaking something else in another module or related application but yet how easy it would be to fix in a few hour morning session.

I'm sure I will receive all kinds of blowback from people who don't agree with me. To that I have two statements: first, I AM NOT a RingCentral employee but only a user just like everyone else. Second, it's easy to be fluid with harsh rhetoric behind a keyboard but put yourself in THEIR shoes and imagine how you would feel if someone who didn't know your job specifications nor the actual inner workings of the necessary development of an application (whether it be RingCentral, Microsoft, Zoom or ANYONE else) would start heaping all the (using these words again to be "politically correct") harsh rhetoric on them.

I, for one, would like to see more Community in these forums rather than condemnation and verbal onslaughts.
Photo of Becky - Community Support

Becky - Community Support, Official Rep

• 1,094 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
@J.B. Again, thanks for your support of my team's work on the forum.

@Matt Decker We encourage discussion on the forum and appreciate how frustrating the current issue with Meetings can be. Your thoughts and experience are invaluable to our being able to rectify this issue. That does not excuse profanity or insults of the people responsible for conveying your issues to our product team and those working to correct the problem with our partner Zoom. 

We ask that you keep it civil and acknowledge that although it is easy to direct your frustrations at Saadet, Jessica, and the rest of our team, they are not directly able to correct your problem. Rather they are rallying behind the scenes to advocate on your behalf.
(Edited)
Photo of Matt Decker

Matt Decker

JB, you seem to have misunderstood what I was saying. .my fault if I gave the impression that I was coming down on customer service reps... I was not They hold a very difficult position ,especially at times like this where they have to field complaints from users with little information to give out or help resolve the problem. My comment was more directed to the management at RingCentral and those who set policy.
Photo of Matt Decker

Matt Decker

I apologize to all who may have taken offence to my secular and colloquial word use... I have probably been away from the corporate world too long .
Photo of dam smith

dam smith

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Meeting Id not valid error.

Last week I was able to join some of my friends meetings using Ringcentral downloaded on Macbook Pro. These were recurring meetings so I scrolled down drop-down menu for the meeting number and it all worked fine. Then the downloader asked for to clear history as as there were too many conference numbers, which I did. Since that time, I've not been able to join the old rooms as there is a message  'Meeting Is invalid'  although I know it's taking place. So in a nutshell, I can join brand new rooms just not the old ones.  Does anyone know how to fix it?

• 62,266 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey dan, there is a known issue with RC Meetings that is being currently investigated. We will update this thread when we learn more!
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

• 364 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CANT LOG IN RINGCENTRAL!!! need help ASAP.

I registered yesterday on ring central, i downloaded the app on my mac but i cant log inside. It ask me for my email and then my password and after that i always recive this error. While from
my iphpne i can log in without any problem and im using same wifi connection.
how can i do to sole the problem please? i already tried to unistall and install again the app on my maca.
any solution plpease?
i need to use it ASAP! thx u
W

• 67,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Everyone, I wanted to combine the other thread related to this issue so that we have a one-stop shop for updates and you guys don't have to follow multiple threads on the topic.

Right now our Support team and our partner, Zoom, are still investigating the true cause of this issue. We understand the frustration that it's causing and hope that a resolution comes as soon as possible. We'll keep you apprised! 
Still waiting for a resolution, myself... It is quite irritating to have to make a new user profile any time I want to go to a friends meeting... The thing I don't understand is that zoom just keep getting better and better and have no problems with meetings over zoom. Can't you guys just throw some more money at and buy some more stuff from them.. Their program is all in one and RC has what 3... It's very messy and confusing to begin with. Whatever zoom is doing is the model that should be followed because since I started using RC I think it's just bat shit crazy.. Just my two cents. Wondering if I'll ever be able to sign into a room normally without dealing with this Mickey Mouse of a band-aide .
Photo of Shaun Itoff

Shaun Itoff

• 72 Points
Hey Y'all,  
I to have had problems logging into rooms from my mac,  I have created a new user account but that only worked for about a day,  then the same issue occurred with the new account.
I have had much better results by logging in through the "guest" account on my mac.  This seems to work day after day,  with much fewer issues.
The guest account deletes all files created during your time logged in when you log out of the account.  Makes me wonder if it is a file issue,  that is causing this "Mac Bug" ?  

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any thoughts about this.
Photo of Good Leather Boy

Good Leather Boy

Seriously what is taking so long for this fix? It’s a bit ridiculous, and what’s with a work around were you can’t even use your own user account [seriouls how did they even come up with that and think it would actually work?]
(Edited)
Photo of Cody McKinney

Cody McKinney

Did you have any better suggestion “Good Leather Boy”? Do you use the app for business or do you use it for pleasure? your name implies the latter, so unless you thought of a workaround for the issue, be thankful others are trying to help. Ungrateful lil tweaker.
Photo of Kris

Kris

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Any progress? We need to make video calls as part of our business on a regular basis.

Potential to login to Zoom as a temporary fix - will RC cover the cost of our logins working with Zoom for the time being?
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

I'm not sure if this will help, and I'm not sure if you are aware, but Zoom's FREE version allows you to make unlimited one-on-one videos calls for an unlimited amount of time. They also allow meetings for up to 100 participants but only for a 40-minute time period.

If this works for you, you can always set up a FREE Zoom account. My wife runs a part-time business and uses the FREE version of Zoom for between five and ten one-on-one meetings per week with no issues. Allows for recording and most user features.

Here's a copy of their FREE pricing plan information (including links):

Basic Personal Meeting Free

Host up to 100 participants

Unlimited 1 to 1 meetings

40 mins limit on group meetings

Unlimited number of meetings

Online support

Video Conferencing Features  -  Video Conferencing Features
Web Conferencing Features  -  Web Conferencing Features
Group Collaboration Features  -  Group Collaboration Features
Security  -  Security

Photo of William Edwards

William Edwards

We get it JB, you like your name to be on the message boards. Racking up ALL the points, and congratulations on all of them. is that a medal I see! You really are a Champion!
Now please lend your opinions to another thread, and allow the people who work for RC help out and give updates.

• 67,550 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi William, I understand your frustration on this matter but we will not tolerate such behavior, please refer to our Community Guidelines.

JB is a valued contributor on our Community and provides his expertise and time on his own accord, which we greatly appreciate.
(Edited)
Photo of Matt Decker

Matt Decker

How bout this...since clearly a solution isn't going to be made available during the reign of the current monarch - before anyone gets their pc nose bend out if shape .its a loosely quoted line line from British comedy television and starts to question my patriotism or love of my country ,because that's how ridiculous this whole situation has become, I'm using it to make a point ...nothing more nothing less.... can you provide me a link or a copy of RingCentral Meeting v.5.4 for Mac..thats seems like a workable solution until which time you- meaning RingCentral the company not any specific individual now currently or previously associated with it or any of its subsidiaries or associates- can provide a permanent solution to the issue....can that be done or am I just so far out in left field that I should just delete my account and chalk this whole thing up to an annoying waste of time?

Hello Everyone,

The below instructions should help while Zoom continues to work on the issue.

1. Click on the search option in the top right of your desktop
  2. Search for ‘~/Library/Preferences/’ then select “Preferences”.  This will open up the Finder.
  3. In Finder, search for the file named “ZoomChat.plist”
  4. Right click on 'ZoomChat.plist', and select ‘Move to Trash’.
  5. Uninstall RC Meetings. Back in Finder, navigate to ‘Applications’.  Find ‘RingCentral Meetings’, right click and select ‘Move to Trash’.
  6. (If Applicable) Uninstall Zoom. Back in Finder, navigate to ‘Applications’.  Find ‘Zoom.us’, right click and select ‘Move to Trash’.  
  7. Right click on the Trash Can in the bottom right and select ‘Empty Trash’.
  8. Restart your Mac. 
  9. Reinstall RingCentral Meeting which can be found here: https://success.ringcentral.com/lc/cms/downloads
Photo of Kris

Kris

Thank you!

I can now use Meetings again (though with the "...needs to be updated for future version of macOS..." warning on startup.

Very helpful.
Photo of Stephanie Levin

Stephanie Levin

It works!  Thanks so much!
Photo of Matt Zuckerman

Matt Zuckerman

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Tried this, whenever I try to join a meeting now I receive the message "The meeting has problem. Error code: 3010"
Photo of Matt Zuckerman

Matt Zuckerman

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm now not even able to use the guest account workaround, same error...
Now rendered helpless.
Photo of hera15

hera15

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are we all using ringcentral for the right purpose??? 

that's the question of the MONTH :) 

Thanks, hera15. We're looking into it
Photo of Matt Decker

Matt Decker

Didn't work... it took 3 weeks to come up with that solution? To uninstall the software and then reinstall it brilliant what's next?

Hi Matt, 

I was simply posting a workaround that I was given, in hopes that it would help some of you. Never did I mention that it was a complete fix. Again, Zoom is investigating the issue, which is out of our hands.

Furthermore, this is a collaborative space that has no room for negative and/or unproductive comments. Unfortunately, continued behavior will result in a temporary suspension due to multiple violations of our Community Guidelines. 

As always, we appreciate everyone's cooperation, understanding, and patience regarding this issue.
Photo of Matt Decker

Matt Decker

Saadet, I am sorry that you feel like everything I say is some form of personal referendum against you or RingCentral. . I fully understand the difficulties of you position and we have all been asked to " put ourselves in your shoes and look at things from your position" which I think most everyone has done...but have you and your people done the same? Perhaps then you might understand where my frustration might stem from. An application that worked just fine before your update now it doesn't, the fix seems somewhat straight forward and something I would have thought fixable in the course of 24 hours but now this has all gone for 3 plus weeks and the only information we are being told is that people are looking into the issue, and we've been told that numerous times. So yes I think my frustration is well Justified, had any of my employees over the past 25 years done this I would have had to let them go. I think we come from two different places on this and I am expecting more than you / RingCentral can deliver for me right now the best thing to do is to delete my account and move on to a company that has their" s****" together...best of luck to those still sitting and waiting for the fix.
Photo of Cody McKinney

Cody McKinney

Okay guys, here is the only solution that actually worked for me after trying everything.

1.) go to /Applications/Utilities and open the Terminal
2.) type  "cd /Applications/RingCentral\ Meetings.app/Contents/MacOS/" WITHOUT PARENTHESIS
This will put the working directory in the RingCentral Meetings app itself
3.) you need to run the app with admin rights (not sure why but its the only think that fixed it)
so type "sudo ./RingCentral\ Meetings" WITHOUT PARENTHESIS
4.)Login like you would normally login.
hope it helps
Photo of Jessica Reed

Jessica Reed

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, Cody.  That worked great for me. 
Photo of Cody McKinney

Cody McKinney

Glad I could help
this worked as long as i left the Directory intact. i had to discard the directory and now the instructions don't work. can you please advise an update? Thanks.

There is no update for a fix at this time. When that changes, myself or Jessica will post here
Hey Cody - A couple questions as the terminal instructions worked the first time and now won't work, and is saying Sorry, try again after i enter the correct RingCentral password.

1) Have you run into the password error messages when using your workaround?
2) Can you post screenshots of what the terminal should lookalike after hitting enter after each terminal update?

FYI, I meant Terminal instead of Directory. Sorry for the confusion.
Photo of Craig Chapman

Craig Chapman

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This worked for me.
Photo of Cody McKinney

Cody McKinney

When the terminal asks for the password its asking for the password you use to login to your mac, keep in mind that my terminal will look slightly different than yours might look, but the screenshots were done after each step
Photo of RS

RS

I just tried and it worked for me. Thank you 
Photo of Taryn Holz

Taryn Holz

Worked like a charm. Thank you!
Photo of Jessica Reed

Jessica Reed

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Cody's fix has been working for me, but I just noticed that meeting recordings are not being saved.  Is anyone else seeing the same behavior?
Photo of Trevor Parks

Trevor Parks

Just noticed and received a pop-up before it crashed again- Ring Central has not moved to 64 bit yet.  Only one of my other apps is 32 bit and constantly crashes.  This combined with RC's need to connect to the internet browser for sign in while the handler is 64bit might be causing issue.  When is RC releasing a 64bit app?

Hi Trevor, as long as nothing crazy happens, the 64 bit is scheduled for release at the end of this month
Photo of Kris

Kris

Hello, 

Any update on release of new version - I had a few meetings get cancelled as I couldn't log in.

Thank you,
Kris

• 6,472 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kris, 

The 64 bit app should be out by the end of April now :) 
Photo of trevor

trevor

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I heard this same promise at the end of February. This has gone on for months. I’m astounded that something like this can drag out so long. I’d be embarrassed if I put a product out for business use and asked businesses to bend over backwards for months because I messed up and put forth no serious attempts that they could see to address it. I’ve now had to create over 15 user accounts. Every time I take my laptop home and change networks. What worse, it isn’t even RCs technology! Zoom isn’t facing the issue. Why is it taking this long to fix something crippling a major component of your product. Even if this ever does actually get resolved, what does this experience lend towards confidence in RCs ability to minimize impact of outages or technical issues? What happens when RC forgets to make updates when flash deprecates in 2020? 7 months of no functionality (I’m aware flash isn’t likely used, it’s a comparison considering Apple warned developers 2-3 Years ago about the 64 bit requirement)? Number and severity of issues is not my concern when looking for vendors, how they respond is most important. I think we can all agree that in this particular issue’s case, RC has missed the mark by miles. I’ll be waiting for the app update in 3 more weeks, again. Can’t say I’ll be holding my breath.
Photo of Trevor Parks

Trevor Parks

so, as i said, i shouldnt have held my breath. not only did the update not work, NOW I CANT EVEN USE THE WORKAROUND!  Did RC even TEST the solution?!!!! NOW i sill cant connect and just keep getting the forced update prompt in any profile i attempt o log in with. It almost comical, but it isn't.  This is the worst handling of an issue I've EVER seen in my years in IT.  Im exhausted from waiting for RC to learn how to do the job they decided to do.  No one MADE you all go into this business, why on earth does it seem like amateur-hour?  The "you only had one job" joke applies here.  I have no confidence in your product, support, or ability to set this straight

Done.  Waste of time.