Unable to schedule reoccurring meetings with the ID remaining valid

• Idea
  • Updated 6 days ago
We need to be able to schedule reoccurring meetings through Outlook where the meeting ID remains valid for all of the reoccurring meetings.  Now, the meeting ID posted with the meeting works for the first meeting, but, does not work for the second, third, fourth meetings and so on.  We have been told from RingCentral support that this feature is NOT available.  This seems like such a basic feature and we don't understand how this could be missed.
Photo of Carl

Carl

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 31,244 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Carl,

I'm looking into this because we have reoccurring Meetings and their Meeting IDs don't change and are still valid.

For testing purposes, how do you schedule your Meetings? Through the App or through Outlook? How are you setting up the recurrence?  
Photo of Carl

Carl

We generally set up meetings through Outlook and use Outlook's reoccurance settings. Please note that we called you technical support and they could not direct us on how to do this.
Photo of Carl

Carl

The only option we were given was to create a customized meeting ID number each time we wanted to create a reoccurring meeting. We found that unacceptable as many of our staff only do this occasionally and would never remember those steps. The solution needs to be simple and intuitive.

• 31,244 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Carl,

So a colleague of mine and I tested this feature and have not had any troubles with it. Also, I have reoccurring meetings with people that have been going on for months (they're weekly one-on-ones) - the Meeting ID stays the same and is always valid.  

This is how I always set it up,

1) in Outlook I click the Schedule a Meeting Button

2) My invitation pops up and I fill out the necessary time/date & invite my attendee(s) - you'll notice the Meeting ID is not a personal Meeting ID

3) I then select the Recurrence button

4) I choose the appropriate option - this example is a weekly meeting

5) Now you can see my regular Meeting. Notice the ID stays the same and is valid every week at this time.

Here in the office we have many members that set up weekly or monthly Meetings just like this and don't have any issues. So I'm wondering what's happening to you when you try to do this....do you receive a certain error message when trying to join the Meeting? 

This is also what it looks like in my actual RC Meeting Application:

Photo of Carl

Carl

This is how we create reoccurring meetings as well.  While you are telling us that it is working, I just received an email from Angeline Torres from RingCentral support that what we are reporting is a known issue.  What is troubling to me is that her comment is NOT showing up here to let others having this issue understand that they are not going crazy.  

To be frank, we have been having a number of issues with RingCentral functions and have been getting similar mixed responses.  We never can tell what the correct response is.  Please check with her and let's find an answer to this.  Reoccurring meetings is a BASIC function that any meetings application must be able to provide.

This is simply unacceptable.

Carl Freedman

• 31,200 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Carl,

I'm really sorry that you've been receiving mixed responses :( I've escalated your case to our Executive Response Team who will be contacting you as soon as they've reviewed everything. We want to get to the bottom of this and help you out!