Upload Contacts Directly to Group, or Select All

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Is it currently possible to create a group and upload all contacts directly instead of importing the contacts and then moving them to a group?

Also, is it possible to select all or multiple contacts when creating groups? We have groups with up to 400+ people and there is a large room for error when I individually click each one.

Photo of Cori

Cori

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cori, 

To answer your first question, the answer is "no". Unfortunately you can't import directly into the group. 

It is possible to select "all" contacts when creating a group.  After you click the link to add the new group, and give it a name and extension number you'll see the window below, which allows you to select all. 
Photo of Cori

Cori

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Thanks for your response. However, I am talking about adding groups in the contacts tab, not call queue members. This option has no ability to select all.

Is the call queue the same? I've not seen this when I'm doing faxing.

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Ah... thanks for clarifying.  This is indeed different, but there's still not a way to import or create groups in the Contacts. However a resolution might be to use your email for initiating faxes. You could create groups in your email client and then send the email/fax to the group from your email client. 

Here's an overview if you are not familiar with this feature: Sending Fax Messages Using Email
Photo of JNC

JNC

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
In order to create a group you have to click on EACH INDIVIDUAL CONTACT. This has been my complaint for the longest. What would be nice if Ring Central made it user friendly. To be able to upload a CV or excel file and have it go DIRECTLY TO A GROUP would be most efficient.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Thanks for your comments. I've changed this to an "idea" topic to see if there is more interest from others and it will also be seen/considered by our Product Team. 
Photo of JNC

JNC

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Actually its not an idea it was in response to the person who had a question. Your response was not responding to what that person had asked and actually you can IMPORT and EXPORT contacts to create a group. In order to create a group you have to upload a CV file to contacts not groups-this isnt possible, So Mike your comment is not correct, hence I put in my comment in hopes to help the individual as I know how frustrating it is not getting the right response to an issue. But whatever you want to do Mr. Official Rep.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.