Use template to apply call queue number as caller ID for user

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
We have many users that need to be moved into call queues upon hiring. However they also need to reflect that call queue number as their caller ID.

At the moment this requires either training them to change their own caller ID, or manually going in and changing it ten times for them via the admin. Per person...

I figured that if they are a member of multiple call queues that this could be tricky, but if they are only a member of one; Could we get template call queue caller ID functionality? 
Photo of X3 Connect

X3 Connect

• 70 Points

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Shannon Maggs

Shannon Maggs, Champion

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I actually created a template to override the outgoing caller ID to the call queue phone number, and it worked to the extent that it now looks to ME as the ADMIN that their caller ID is set to that number. However, even though I selected to override the user settings when applying the template, it actually DOES NOT apply the caller ID settings I selected to the actual user's RC phone app. We've been toying with it all day, and NOTHING seems to work. And they can't even select it themselves because that number doesn't show in the dropdown of their available options for their own outgoing caller ID. This is SO FRUSTRATING.