User Settings: Disable call waiting while on a call.

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
Use a "Currently on another Call" greeting message while on another call or have the capability to disable Call waiting. An options that say, while i'm on another call us this greeting, or while i'm on a call go straight to voicemail.
Photo of Wes

Wes

• 770 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Samantha Hein

Samantha Hein

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Beeping for incoming call while on the phone.

Would love to see an option to turn off the beeping of an incoming call while you are already on a phone call through the soft phone. You can currently mute the ringing but the beeping continues after you ignore it and its too loud/distracting while on the phone. 

However, i see someone requested this feature 4 years ago. Any update or progress on this potentially being added as a feature? 
Photo of Jamcwils

Jamcwils

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hey RingCentral, can you tell me when this is going to be addressed?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey James, at this time it's not on the roadmap. If that changes, we'll update this thread
Photo of Jamcwils

Jamcwils

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So is there any way of being busy or having a second call "skip over" a user when that user is on the phone? This is in a situation where we have successive call forwarding and a call queue won't work for us...
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, James. I can't think of anything that would work for that specific scenario :/
Photo of Steven Rinehart

Steven Rinehart

• 62 Points
Our problem is not any beeping it is when a second call comes in the first caller is muted from me and they don't know it and keep talking. The only way to reconnect is to quickly refuse the incoming call and then apologize to the caller and ask them to repeat everything they just said. Also, we use cell phones aspect of service not on a computer.