User Group Manager: Call Log - View All Extensions Option

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
1. Account type  (U.S., Canada, UK,  AT&T, Telus, BT)
US

2. A brief description of the business
Advertising, telemarketing

3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested
All users with Call Log access should have the option to view "All Extensions". If a user does not have access to view logs for some extensions, they should still have the option to view "All Extensions". In the latter case, it should implicitly mean "All Extensions (that I have access too)".

The call log feature should work consistently across users who have access to it. The logs are broken when dealing with a large extension base, in the case that the manager should not have access to the entire company's call logs and recorded messages.

Users with the ability to view call logs for all extensions see this screen. This is right:

User Group Managers see this screen. This is wrong:

This discrepancy in UI appears to me to be a very large oversight. Note that sorting or even counting calls isn't essential, because it is at least possible to manipulate the data after downloading a report. Reports just aren't practical at this time.

Please understand, I do like your platform, and much of it is put together very well. This oversight, however, feels very very broken to me.

4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature
We would use group managers to control access to extensions for managers, which would give them access to simple reports that don't waste their time with needless busywork.

5. Benefit of such feature
A) It ties together the interface and makes call logs work consistently
B) It gives managers some way to view the call logs for all of the extensions they manage
C) The interface doesn't feel like a minimal effort expenditure
D) It makes user access meaningful by offering features that work for users with limited access

6. Include any related case number if applicable
n/a

7. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines
22, with 24 new extensions on the way
Photo of John Bulcher

John Bulcher

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • taken advantage of

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 43,580 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello John,

Thank you for adding this feature request. I agree, it would be very useful and makes more sense to have this option.
Photo of Lee

Lee

• 1,712 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Has there been any update to this? I am still giving my Call Center Managers access to all extensions, (Including our CEO and Executive team!!!!) because it takes too long search each extension in their User Group to see who received an incoming call from a specific number. 

Sorry, Lee...I just checked my Test Account that's on 10.2 and it still looks the same :(
Photo of Lee

Lee

• 1,712 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for checking. Does RingCentral have a published road map of functionality? Even from a high level. 

Sorry, Lee. The Product Team doesn't have a public roadmap for customers to view :/