Reports: more advanced reporting options.

• Idea
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Planned
  • (Edited)
it would be good to have a report that shows individual and group usage of ringcentral for specific durations; daily, weekly, monthly report - how many agents did I have available on my ringcentral, daily, weekly, monthly; how long they were logged into ringcentral
Photo of hector

hector

• 1,120 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Please VOTE in the upper right corner to request this app.
(Edited)
Photo of Upp

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please provide more configurable reports for the Detailed Call Log Report with a CSV / Excel compatible download capability with all fields on 1 row (1 row , 1 call, All Configured fields). The current Detailed Call Log Report outputs multiple rows for a single call. Being able to opt in or out of each possible field would also be nice. Advanced Filter options for the configured fields would also be nice. Thanks.
Photo of Matthew Rocker

Matthew Rocker

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is this a Joke? I call customer support for an obvious feature in reporting and I'm told to make a community request. Exactly what I want was requested 2 years ago and is still in planned status. I guess I won't hold my breath.
Same here and now customer service seems to be ignoring my request to manually send me a Fax Usage Report from my phone call and email two weeks ago.

RingCentral sells Fax plans based on usage (Sent and Received Faxes), but yet they don't show those two simple counts anywhere. Not asking for any advanced reporting at all, just a Total Fax Count that their entire pricing structure is based on! 
Photo of Steve Khoo

Steve Khoo

• 62 Points
If you're charging your customers for international calls by the minute, you need to be able to provide detail report on those minutes.  Please provide a report on international minute usage along with country and rate.
Photo of Jesse

Jesse

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Summarized Data in Call Reports.

We are having issues with the "summary" of your data files. It seems that when we download, it will not summarize each user, and instead just compile the user into multiple lines instead of just one. We would like the summary of each user set to one line in the .csv file so that we can easily implement it into our records.
Photo of Ladera Admin

Ladera Admin, Champion

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call logs need to be in a more useful format..

I have been trying to get the call log into a useful form for a few days now, without luck. Downloading the Excel file gives you a mishmash of information that, even when parsed, is incomplete.

The call logs show "From" - "To" - "Extension" - "Forwarded To" - "Name" columns, but have duplicates across multiple fields. In addition the direct line for a user is not easily associated with that user's name.

Trying to create a table/pivot table of the information to get a TOTAL TALK TIME and a TOTAL NUMBER OF CALLS (Inbound and Outbound) for each user is basically a nightmare and requires several hours of manual manipulation to get all users accounted for, and even then the totals are inaccurate when tracked against our internal counts.

I'm looking to get useful information either from the Call Logs or Reporting function that makes this easy to see, and the best that RC has been able to do is tell me to suggest it here. When a basic function like reporting doesn't provide useful information it really doesn't reflect well on the product. I'd suggest getting this resolved or RC will be left by the wayside in a hurry.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Call Log vs Reports - What is included?.
Photo of Vince Savoldi

Vince Savoldi, Champion

• 1,020 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

This is pretty much the same problems I am having. I can parse out the info to get it close but it is never what we can consider correct and complete. Compared against the ring central "User Activity" report the total calls in/out are always off by a few numbers.

here is how I parse it out....

Outbound is pretty easy...

Call Logs, detailed, Voice and VOIP,outbound, all extensions for date or range. Download and open in excel. Apply filters and filter on...

Type = no blanks

Extension = The extensions you want to track

Action Result = Call Connected

I then take the extension, date, time and duration to create my pivot table. Sometimes you need to change the duration field type to h:mm:ss for it to add correctly for a single day report or [h]:mm:ss for a date range report that will total over 24 hrs.

Inbound is a little tougher

Detailed report, Set desired date, Uncheck Fax, Uncheck Outbound, All Extensions

download and open in excel, set filters and apply on...

Extension = rep ext#

Forward to: = (call queue#)+ext and 10 digit phone # and blanks

Action Result call connected

I then take the extension, date, time and duration to create my pivot table. Sometimes you need to change the duration field type to h:mm:ss for it to add correctly for a single day report or [h]:mm:ss for a date range report that will total over 24 hrs.

this can get you close, but not as good as if we could get a simple download of just the calls received and the date/time/duration of the actual call, no queue times, or queue transfer information.

Photo of Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reports.

please add Reports on all calls forwarded to each user, on the reports tab.
Photo of Marie Brown

Marie Brown

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can hiearchy layers be created in Ring Central reports?.

Reports in Ring Central would be beneficial if we can add reporting structure to reports.  I can manage groups results with this feature.
Photo of Steve Davis

Steve Davis

• 364 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Improved Call Reports and Logs Desperately Needed.

The current summary and detailed activity logs, as well as the activity reports in RingCentral are terrible and desperately need revamping.  If RingCentral really wants to support enterprises more effectively this is critical to address.

There is no simple report that shows single rows which display inbound calling number and who took the call.  Instead there is some kind of train wreck report where you have to dig through every extension in a queue for every call to see who took the call, and the inbound number is not even on the row so downloading this report for analysis of who took what calls and the outcome of each inbound call (recieved by a rep (rep name), missed, or voicemail) is nearly impossible to analyze in Excel.  

Also the summary online report showing # of inbound calls by rep does not function for softphone reps.   If I get 80 calls inbound in a day, it shows zero next to every rep as if all those calls never got answered by anyone on my team, though all the calls were taken and recorded by RC.

I've noted these flaws for 4 years now, falling on deaf ears at RingCentral.
Someone needs to take charge of call reporting and logs at RingCentral as the reporting provided is nearly useless and definitely no where near acceptable for any mid size company.  

If RingCentral really wants to make inroads in the mid size company market, somebody needs to get hot and urgent on fixing and improving the reporting.

Does it really take over 5 years or basically impossible to provide reports that:
1) Show who called in and who took the call
2) How many inbound calls each softphone employee received

Its not like this as hard as building a space shuttle.
(Edited)
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,090 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Filter Reports and Call Log by the Field "Department".

We need a better way to filter o create more accurate Reports from the Report Area or from the Call Log area.  One of the fields could be very useful is using the field "Department".
We have more than 70 users and create reports without a template, always is time consuming.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I moved your post to this related thread, if you would like to expand on your ideas, on this thread it will be more reviewed. 

Claudio (Customer)

Thanks!
I found more frustrated customers around this thread.
I got the info that the Reports System was updated in April '15 but it seems was just a minor change...
Today the Reports are so slow and does not show the real data...
I could work with the Call Log but sadly, is not a good report, since the rows does not contains all the info that we could manipulate...

Claudio (Customer)

The field of the Department could be an excellent way to filter and create better reports... 
I do not think that means a lot of development from the side of programing...

Photo of Chad W

Chad W

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Poor Performance of Running Reports.

Changing a single filter in any of the reports causes the website to reload everything involved, which can easily take 1+ minutes.  If I'm changing multiple filters, this ends up with a refresh after each filter....taking 5-10 minutes to just run a single report.

This could be easily solved by adding a "Refresh" or "Load" button to click once all filters are adjusted as needed to prevent the multiple unnecessary refreshes.

It also doesn't help that the Date filters seem to always be set to a date range back in October whenever I load the Reports(10/12/14 to 10/26/14).  Either don't populate the report contents until I select the filters, or choose a more current date range.
Photo of Madeline Mosco

Madeline Mosco

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled reporting.

2 Report Questions:
1. I am unable to get reports for the previous day's queue activity.
At what time of day to reports sync.

2. What is the difference between missed/voicemail as defined by RC
The voicemail counts on my queue aren't working- and I'm trying to find basic answer rates (super frustrating!)

Claudio (Customer)

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled More explanation about Reports.

I'm trying to get some info using the Report functionality from the Portal and I'm still a little confused, as you see in this screen shot, it seems like the user is having calls at 5am and stoping around 4pm...
The time zone is properly setup but the time showed is not accurate...
By other hand, the Average Call Duration/User shows 05 hours :15 min :30 sec?, or this should be read like 5 min: 15 sec: 30 milisec ?

Claudio (Customer)

I think is good to have merged the Report comments, requirements and issues over here.
Let's all agree that the actual Report is not giving us the right data. Maybe for very small companies (less than 10 users) works, but having around 70+ users in 3 companies working together it is hard to get the Reports that we need.
Photo of Regina

Regina

• 2,750 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Agreed!

Claudio (Customer)

Thanks Regina!
So you are having problems with the Reports also ?
Photo of Mike Linville

Mike Linville

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I agree the reporting is not accurate and provide erroneous info.

Photo of Mike Linville

Mike Linville

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need more robust reporting!.

I need more robust reporting!
Photo of Steve Davis

Steve Davis

Yes, Claudio is sooooo right.   Customers desperately need better reporting.. including:

• accurate real time information on # of inbound and # of outbound calls per agent
  • Ability to detect agent call avoidance behaviors... like if rep just doesn't pick up after x rings though available, or if rep hits the ignore button on soft phone.
  • simple report by date range showing inbound phone number, time, date, ext and name of person who took the call.  How hard could this possibly be?  Yet this report has never been done, instead there are other reports that are convoluted, not useful for analysis, or miss the key element... 'who took the call'.  It is ridiculous to say the least.

I've asked RC about this for 4 years and even sent letters to executives (who never actually read anything from customers and thus never know the pain points of customers)... they just let minions respond to customer concerns so they can remain oblivious to the real issues and problems.  Upper management at RC doesn't want to know what the problems are and has designed their whole company around insulating themselves from customer feedback.  Its a little scary. 

Somehow RingCentral thinks they can just have customers use their 'partner' upscale and much more expensive 'InContact' call center solution to get better reporting etc.  Why wouldn't customers just use that company directly?  I'm not sure why RC doesnt take the few extra simple steps to improve their reporting, yet my regular feedback to RC just falls on deaf ears.   The thing is RC is almost totally fine as it is as a call center solution just missing reporting.
(Edited)

Claudio (Customer)

Steve, Thanks so much for this great explanation of what is going on at the side of the customers (at the real world)!

I could not have said it better than you! I really appreciate this.

So, if you've been struggling with this "issue" for more than four years... how is this possible?

Mike, what are the news? Please do not tell us that you do not have ETA...

RingCentral is missing a great opportunity to become the number 1 in VoIP... Wake up! Fix the Reports!
Photo of Mike Linville

Mike Linville

Well, I don't have time to wait 4 years. I have called several service providers in the area to come and discuss replacing ring central with a VOIP system with adequate reporting.
Photo of Mike Linville

Mike Linville

It is really ashamed because I like the service/concept and have been a customer for 5 years. Just recently our business has dictated a more robust reporting system.
Photo of Steve Davis

Steve Davis

Hi Claudio, 
I've sent many emails, called in, and even sent letters by US mail to all the executives, but they just route these concerns to low level employees every time, who pass along to an indifferent middle manager who doesn't want upper management to know about big problems.
Photo of Steve Davis

Steve Davis

Five9 has robust reporting.
Photo of Vince Savoldi

Vince Savoldi, Champion

We were talked into ring central by our outsourced IT company. If I had known the reporting was so totally useless I would have never agreed. As it is I am already searching for a replacement.

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,170 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
"Taking phone advice from OS IT groups is like seeking medical advice from a drug dealer."  Opps - I mean 'undocumented pharmacist'.

Photo of Vince Savoldi

Vince Savoldi, Champion

lol I should have known better -heheh

Photo of Eric Mugler

Eric Mugler

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Log view should include totals.

We have recently implemented a minimum number of outbound calls per day for our employees. The web version of the call log is great for sorting and filtering, but I would love to see totals for number of calls and the total time of the calls in the current list at the bottom of the call log list, and have it live-update when I select the various filters.

Claudio (Customer)

I think we are looking for nothing more complicated than this...

1. Number of incoming calls

2. Number of outbound calls

3. Number of incoming calls by each customer service rep

4. Number of outbound calls by each customer service rep

5. Average talk time both incoming and outbound

6. Average talk time by each rep both incoming and outbound

7. Peak incoming call period or by a range

For any given range of dates.

We have 3 different companies working under the same RC ecosystem. So it is important to use the field Department.

We do not have Call Queues, only Ring Groups.
(Edited)
Photo of Vince Savoldi

Vince Savoldi, Champion

I would like to add the following to this list...

Total talk time for both inbound and outbound, and per rep.

Total calls and talk time for calls coming into a call queue, vs direct dialed.

everything should be available in a csv format so we can download them and create whatever customized reports we need.

Photo of Tony Wilhelm

Tony Wilhelm, Champion

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Extension Report.

I'd like to see an Extension Report.  Preferrably exported to CSV or similar format (spreadsheet). Name, Extension, Contact#, Mobile#, email, department included.

Claudio (Customer)

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Report is not accurate.

Mike, as I mentioned in other post, the call log data was deleted from the system, I do not know how or why, but I need to call to support and they were recovering this info for me...
But, that's trigger other question, maybe that could be the reason why some reports are not accurate, maybe some data is missing... could be this happening ?

And if you can take a look of this screen capture, the average call duration per user it shows more than 1 hour and 43 minutes ?  I think the counter is wrong...

Photo of Mike Linville

Mike Linville

Unfortunate Ring Central is not listening as I have always like the service. You guys take a look at Nextiva.
Photo of Chad W

Chad W

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Recurring Reports.

The new Reports are finally providing more coherent information than the previous Call Logs did.  However, Call Logs were at least able to be emailed on an ongoing basis so as not to require a User to Log In and run the filter every Day/Week/Month.

Ideally, it'd be nice to have an API to retrieve this information when needed through software that we could write ourselves, which we could then log in our internal databases for analysis with other systems.

However, if that's not possible, then we would at least need the lower grid of several reports emailed to us in CSV/XLSX format so we could parse the content as needed.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,170 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Have you researched the new Call Center subscription RC released earlier this year?  It a partnership with inContact and they have a very robust reporting offering.
Photo of Marie Brown

Marie Brown

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please add time zone selector on Reports page, and make default to current week..

Can the reports be updated during Central time zone 8am start time. When I come into the office at 8am CDT, reports are still not updated with yesterday's results. Also it would be a nice feature if reports could update earlier than 24 hours.

Claudio (Customer)

Definitely, we need a big help with the Reports. We are still waiting too.
(Edited)

Claudio (Customer)

This post it says "Planned", what are the news? ETA?
(Edited)
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need more advanced reporting--specifically the TOTAL time spent on the phone by....
Photo of Ben Greiner

Ben Greiner

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The new reports are much faster and easier to use — however the functionality to see who picked up a call from a queue/group-ring is missing! I believe this information was in the old reports (but they were too slow to use). RingCentral, please add the ability to run a summary reports on who picks up a call.

RC Chat support said to select "Call Type: Internal" to get this info. However, when I do I'm missing internal users. Seems like the new reporting is still a beta. Sorting also does not work for me. Frustrating.
(Edited)
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,854 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Moving out of Idea since reports was released

Please reference the new conversation here: Issues with New Reports update.
Photo of Sonia Singh

Sonia Singh, Official Rep

• 1,100 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Ben there was a sorting issue that should now be resolved.  When you drill into a queue, you should see agent information. 
Photo of pbwarkentin

pbwarkentin

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled reporting tool to include list of columns to report.

It would be great to have a list of available columns in the reporting tool.  then choose the columns to report and filter on.