Reports: more advanced reporting options.

• Idea
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Planned
  • (Edited)
it would be good to have a report that shows individual and group usage of ringcentral for specific durations; daily, weekly, monthly report - how many agents did I have available on my ringcentral, daily, weekly, monthly; how long they were logged into ringcentral
Photo of hector

hector

• 1,120 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chad W

Chad W

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Report: export Cropping report content.

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Run a User Activity report for 6+ Users

Issue:
  1. The lower grid with the details only shows the first 6 Users
  2. Exporting the Report to an Image or PDF also crops to the same number of records, results in incomplete report
Photo of Rick Lacombe

Rick Lacombe

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Queue data request.

Is there a way to pull queue data such as hold times etc from the reports? API or other? Salesforce.com import most preferred.Queue  
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,188 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It won't show hold times, but, the Reports page has recently undergone a significant change and is the first release. If you'd like to see new features added please comment here on this thread.  Also, our Contact Center software may be something you want to look at. Contact Center

If interested you may want to contact your account manager.
(Edited)
Photo of Jennifer Haynes

Jennifer Haynes

• 62 Points
Hi - I would like to see new Report Features!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Please list out specific details so that our Product Team has an idea of what users are looking for. 
Photo of Julie Packard

Julie Packard

• 158 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having difficulty identifying a single call as a single call when it comes into our main queue.  Once call shows up as separate line in the reports, which is very deceiving.  The only work around I came up with it so take off the "not connected"  status.

Annoying and cumbersome!  I'd appreciate any ideas to solve.  
Photo of Windows Admin

Windows Admin

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

As a customer just starting out with RC, I would like to see the following features added to the Reporting tools:

1. "manager" User reports - between Admin and User, be able to make someone a report user - someone the admins can designate as one who can login to the system and create reports containing call log info for certain users - e.g. manager 1 can create reports including user1, 2, 3, 4, 5; manager 2 can create reports including user 2, 4, 5, manager 3 can create reports including user 8, 9, 10; etc.
  2. Create reports that can be e-mailed daily, that send information for multiple users - so a manager (not necessarily one like I defined in #1, but could be) can get information on his/her whole staff in one report
  3. knowing that there are these deficiencies in reporting - giving people the ability to download via a secure FTP method the information so whatever reporting tool you may want to use or leverage if you already have it (crystal reports, excel, whatever) could then access the data that way
  4. Ability to schedule when the reports are done daily, so you can prepare multiple reports for the same users throughout the day and can troubleshoot with report recipients if they say they did not receive a report.
  5. Run ad hoc reports for multiple users, but not ALL users
This would be a great start (for my company), but I'm sure would be helpful for many admins...
(Edited)
Photo of Dan Hughes

Dan Hughes

• 20 Points
Hi Ladera Admin, I am not sure if this has been suggested but you can build an excel macro enabled sheet and once you download the reports into excel simply copy and paste into this other sheet.  You would need to build all the macros you require before hand, suggest CTRL + Shift +T for Total call times and so on.  I am sure if you are not able to do this yourself you can google the required instruction on how to do this.  It would take a bit of time to do in the first instance but could prove time saving in future.  Although I am hoping in future releases that the call reporting will be improved on because as of now it is very poor.
Photo of Gilmore

Gilmore

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Poor Reporting Functionality.

We are an aesthetic device sales company based in Golden, CO. We have an inside sales based organization that functions primarily with RC to help manage all of our outbound & inbound calls.

The reporting function and automated call log reports are incredibly archaic. I would like to have an emailed report sent to me and the rest of our leadership team on a weekly basis for our new employees and that doesn't exist without manually setting up for each user. And, when you do that, it doesn't produce the report by the rep's name, only by their number. This should be extremely simple and needs to be addressed.

I want to be able to set up a call report that shows multiple users, the number of calls they made, the total amount of minutes and maybe average call time. I then want this report to automatically run at the end of each week and send that report to myself and the rest of my leadership team.

This would allow us to track how effective our team is being as well as set goals and expectations. There is no reason a system that costs as much as yours does should not have this capability and be extremely easy to access/configure.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Accurate Call Reports.

Need for Accurate inb ound and outbound calls per user per day/week. With incoming calls rining my computer, desk and cell phone thes calls are being counted 3 times when it should only be counted once. We use an apto/salesforce plugin also to dial out from inside salesforce, which rings our office phone and press 1 to dial out. That counts an outb ound call as really an incoming call thus call counts are skewed.
Photo of Bob Mylenek

Bob Mylenek

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Logs/ need accurate report of missed calls / not duplicated when caller hits....

cant get accurate count of missed calls
Photo of Eric L

Eric L

• 2,688 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Not sure if this was mentioned in a previous comment, but I think some day & time filters should be applied.

As of now, if I pull the past 60 days, it's showing that we have users who average less than one call per hour, and a varying range of calls per day. If you look at the summary though, inbound & outbound calls range from about 8-11 calls per hour.  When the user details are indicating something like 0.78 calls/hr & 18.68 calls/day for our receptionist who has 1121 total calls over the past 60 days, it's pretty easy to figure out that it's coming up with these calculations based off of every hour of every day.

We'd be able to get more accurate numbers if we could apply filters to the reports for the days that we open, and the hours we're open for each day of the week.  When I did my own calculations for the receptionist, filtering out weekends & holidays when we're closed, her calls per day increased to 27.3, and the calls per hour jumped to 3.18.
Photo of Andrew Beard

Andrew Beard

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reports: add transfers section.

Account: UK.

Current behavior:  The recent update to the call log list although tidying up the data has rendered it unhelpful and cannot provide the data we require. In the actions section of the call log there used to display "transfer" for calls that had been answered by a user and passed onto to someone more senior. Now they are treated the same as internal conversations.

Request: To see the total number of customer conversations had per user or the amount of time users spend talking to each other.  Or which supervisor is recieving the most transfers. I have a spreadsheet that i used previously that can be sent to you to show how the data was being calculated.
Andy
Photo of Anil Kumar

Anil Kumar

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled EXTENSION LOGIN DETAILS INCLUDING BREAK.

Hello Team, we are from Belfast, into reselling and Tech Support, I have noticed that it is difficult to check that which particular extension logged in at what time. If we have such facility, it would be easier to calculate the number of login hours, also, there should be something where we can check, for how long an extension was on NOT accepting mode and for how long extensions were available to attend the call. Please o something about this. Thanks.
Photo of FINANCIAL

FINANCIAL

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Could we also include the Call Recording_ID in the CSV data when downloading call recording files?  They currently include CSV metadata but do not include the recording_id, a key piece of data that we need to match up with the MP3 files.  Similarly, this Recording_ID is not currently available on any of the call log or reports that I have downloaded.  
Photo of Truhkin

Truhkin

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add total call time to reports.

Right now there is no column for total call duration in reports. We have to multiply average by total number of calls. This is not user friendly to do for entire company.
Photo of PractiCons

PractiCons

• 62 Points
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Total Amount of Time Used by Employees.

I would like to know the total amount of time my employees are on the phone per day or per week/month. 

I don't see this feature yet. I see the total calls and average calls, but not total amount of time on the phone.
Photo of Ross

Ross

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reports: Missed call in accurate and time range defaults.

Canadian account, Looking at reporting for a Queue, the time range defaults to a call length of 30 sec to whatever. I want to see all missed calls, not just those making it to 30 seconds. My inbox shows 21 missed calls and your reporting is only showing 2 missed calls. Please let me know of a solution. we have tried clearing the cache on the browser and have technical support suggesting on the community board for help. 
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled taking miss calls Hourly activity graph.

1.Office Premium
2.Locksmith and garage door service
3.in admin portal, reports towards the bottom there is a graph titled "Hourly Call Activity" I will like to add to the graph Miss Calls so I can track the miss calls by hours. 
4 and 5.we have total of 3 shifts throughout the day, Morning afternoon and evening 
by having Miss calls Hourly activity I can track the amount of miss calls of each shift and do the necessary adjustment to maximize answered calls
Photo of Dierdre

Dierdre

• 844 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is a good idea.

I'm not sure if this would fit your needs, but this could be a possible workaround at the moment:

Go to Reports, then click Call Detail.
Filter the Call Direction column, until you get the inbound calls on top. 
Filter the last column, Call Result, until Not Connected gets on top.
Click Add New (+ sign next to the disk on the top menu), then name your custom view, perhaps "Missed Calls," then save it (click the disk).

This way, when you load Reports, you could just switch to your Missed Calls view, then you can see the report.

You may also configure your reports to be delivered to your email on a Daily, Weekly, or Monthly basis.

I hope this could help. :)
(Edited)
Photo of Matthew Rocker

Matthew Rocker

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Track Total Talk Time Per User, Per Day, Week and Month.

Under reports is would be great to have a way to track total talk time, per user, per day. In the sales world we need a way to track our people's productivity other than just dials per day.
Photo of Maldonado

Maldonado

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Report that will show total minute usage for an extension.

RingCentral Report only shows that "average" usage of an extension but it didn't show the total number of minutes used for an extension.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Missed Calls Report.

Need a more specific report showing the actual time calls are missed.
Photo of ELLIS

ELLIS

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Total Connect Time.

Total Amount of Talk or Connect Time Report
Photo of Richard Dunavent

Richard Dunavent

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reporting soft phone status and duration in call logs.

When a user sets their status on their soft phone, (Busy, DND, Invisible, call queues active), this needs to be tracked by default and provided as a column in the official Call Logs or Reports section with a corresponding duration of the status. This is important for tracking performance metrics in a call center type of environment.

1. Account type - U.S.
  2. A brief description of the business: Mortgage company/ call center
  3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested - see above
  4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature-see above
  5. Benefit of such feature-see above
  6. Include any related case number if applicable N/A
  7. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines- 1,100+ users/lines
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
There are a lot of different feature requests in this thread but one new feature that will please many of you is our new Live Reports feature.  We've just started pushing it out this week and most of you will have it before the month is over if everything goes as planned!   Here's an overview so you can get familiar with the new tools! 

Live Reports Overview
(Edited)
Photo of Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper

• 70 Points
Hi Hector,

That does sound like a good idea. It would be easier to monitor team productivity. Check out Tenfold. It's a CTI that can support an integrate with RingCentral. It has a lot of amazing features including Team Analytics/Reposting and Gamification. Check out the website www.tenfold.com for more info.

Hope this helps!
Photo of Phil Francis

Phil Francis

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Grade of service in historical reporting.

1. Account type: UK
  2. Contact centre with multiple queues 
  3. In live reporting there is a grade of service metric but nothing in the historical reporting, which just seems backwards. Also to be able to break Speed of answer down by adviser and how many calls were actually answered in the grade of service.
  4. To report to head office grade of service on a daily, weekly, monthly basis without having to take screen shots. 
  5. Accurate reporting without being so manual
  6. 10 Lines active
Photo of David Oyekunle

David Oyekunle

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Missing Reporting features.

I need to be able to view a report of the total number of minutes used for outgoing and incoming calls on every user/extension
Photo of Darius

Darius

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Track the amount of time queue members are servicing the call queue.

We are a small business with a 6-seat call center taking about 25K minutes of calls per year.  We need to manage these 6 seats and have them filled or not depending on call traffic and sales activities or other tasks the users are assigned.  One piece of data we could really use to help is to track how many minutes each user was switched on/off as taking queue calls or not.   When we look at total number of calls taken and abandoned calls and time on the phone, etc., it is tough to gauge these when we don't know how much time the users were actually available.