Control ring order of Desktop App and Mobile App.

• Idea
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • (Edited)
Or allow us to customize the order we want our devices to be used in.

Why is  user, call handling and forwarding so the "softphone and smart phones" is hard coded to be rung first before the other devices. Softphone should be separated smart phones and allow the user to determine the order.

Allow us to customize our call flow for each device: desktop app, smartphone, and hardphone.
Photo of E. M Scott

E. M Scott

• 2,222 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Richard Manuel

Richard Manuel

• 458 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call forwarding: Desk phone first before Desktop application.

Hi, It would be nice if there will be an option inside the user's Call Forwarding settings to have their desk phone to ring first before their application or soft phone. It would be easy for the user to select their preferred call forwarding settings. Thank you.
Photo of Craig Lohman

Craig Lohman

• 874 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Wow!  3 Years and no official answer on this obviously needed feature.  Please add our company to the list of those who would value this ability.
Photo of FLYNN

FLYNN

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Forwarding to softphone - additional options.

1- U.S.

2- Tech production focused on events and esports

3- Currently the only call forwarding option for softphones is an on/off and exclusively as the first option in the sequence.  This is limiting. 
   The request is to have a user's softphone as an option available for addition later in the sequence just like any other phone number.

4-  I would like to have any of our account's users' desk phones ring first, if not answered then to ring that users' softphone.

5-  This feature provides more versatility to features already available

6-  06130584

7-  currently 5 users on our account
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 12,604 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
as of like 3 months ago......it was still crickets from RC about this.
Photo of Davison

Davison

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would imagine this would be fairly common request.
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is the most-requested feature/"idea" in this forum and has garnered nothing more than a "vote for it if ya want it!" response from RC. 

Every month or so, Saadet will chime in with "sorry, no ETA yet," but that's about all RC will do.
(Edited)
Photo of Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols

• 1,550 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It would be quite foolish for anyone to be holding their breath waiting for this to happen.
Photo of Craft

Craft

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I literally just got off the phone with the help desk and they directed me to the forum, kinda like it was the first time they ever heard this request. Apparently this is not a new idea...... I remember those Ring Central salesmen sitting in our conference room telling us what an innovative company and how they had this great forum where customer voice was really heard. I will be holding my breath.
Photo of Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols

• 1,548 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Wow, they really said that?  Well, it's kinda like the 1st Amendment to the Constitution.  You have the right to free speech, but that doesn't guarantee that anyone will listen.  
Photo of Craft

Craft

Hahaha well said!
UnfortunatelyAnd yes they really did say that and as you can see they got our vote of confidence. Hopefully this is just something that takes time. You know like hover boards.
Photo of ADMIN

ADMIN

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would love to see RC separate the Desktop and Mobile apps.

I would love to see RC separate the Desktop and Mobile apps in the Call Handling section. I would like to not have it call in on my desktop when I am using my Mobile app on a call, but would still like to be able to text on the desktop while on a mobile app call.
Photo of Amie Denayer

Amie Denayer

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
So where is the RC team in developing this feature?  Can we get an update from RC? 
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 31,120 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Amie,

I haven't been given any type of ETA regarding this feature by our Product Team. If I hear anything, I'll update this thread.
Photo of Rob LaRose

Rob LaRose

• 1,504 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Saadet, I think the customers would really appreciate it if your team were to take on an advocacy role for us on some of these matters and pursue official responses from development/Product Management about these long-requested / high-voted features.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 31,120 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Rob,

I send regular reports to our Product Team and do ask for ETAs on specific threads. Unfortunately, I don't always receive an update :(
Photo of Craft

Craft

Are we any closer to this than 3 years ago when the thread started? Laughable!!
Photo of Amie Denayer

Amie Denayer

Hi, Saadet - is there anyone we can contact outside of this forum to help push it along? 
Photo of Rob LaRose

Rob LaRose

Totally understand, Saadet.  In this particular case, I have to assume you've *never* received an update (since *we've* never received an update).

If so, it seems like an area where the Community Support team is being mistreated by PM.  You must have already complained to the Community Support director and she or he hasn't been able to make anything happen for you.  I'd be happy to call the appropriate director-level position in PM to talk about how they're ignoring you.  Do you have a name?
Photo of Ryan Jones

Ryan Jones

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think if we just take our business elsewhere eventually RC will realize that customer voices matter and that their unwillingness to listen and respond to them will make a difference. The only problem I see is those people that are looking for a voip company and the salesmen tell them "what an innovative company [they are] and how they had this great forum where customer voice was really heard." If I would have known about this issue before we signed up I wouldn't have went with RC. Everyone in our office think's it's nonsensical, we've had one other voip provider and we had no issues with separating the two or choosing the order. Now everyone is looking at me like I chose a half ass company that can't even get a basic function to work. 3 years and no answers so I'm assuming that this issue will never be resolved. Not a word from the "Product Team". Priorities must be with this forum and directing people to it instead of fixing the issues with the actual product. Saadet, we realize you are just the messenger but eventually the messenger needs to produce results and if you aren't getting an answer there's no point for you to be here...we might as well be posting on a forum that isn't affiliated with RC. Please tell your product team to at least give us an answer as to why this isn't possible or what the hold up is.
Photo of Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols

• 1,548 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Sad commentary when the Community Support Official Rep (RingCentral employee) is ignored by the Product Team.  Sounds like they are part of a different team.  One thing "big business" has failed to realize is that employing the end user in the development process will lead to a product that is user ready, gets to the customer quicker and more than likely won't include "bugs" or customer irritants.   But then, I don't recall anyone stating that RingCentral was on top of customer issues.
Photo of Amie Denayer

Amie Denayer

Saddet - I just posted the following with the subject "Dear Product Team".  Hoping this helps get you and the rest of us some answers...

Dear Product Team:

We appreciate the support the Customer Service Team members provide when we post questions in the forum.  Unfortunately, it seems there may be a slight disconnect in communicating with the RC team members and community on some of the issues posted in this forum.  Of note, the very long thread discussing the need to separate the desktop app from the phone system.  I did find a post with a workaround, but it is baffling as to why it is taking three years to develop a solution.  

Not being a "techy' sort, I'm sure there are many features that need to be considered when building on the back-end.  I found this out when I couldn't forward calls to my ring central app from another user...  

That being said, it would very helpful if someone from the product team would please review and respond to the newest posts in the Control ring order of Desktop App and Mobile App.  thread.

We have been happy with RC service and products, and only want to see you succeed. A response from the Product team on this specific thread would be extremely helpful.  
Thank you.
Photo of Amie Denayer

Amie Denayer

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Dear Product team.

We appreciate the support the Customer Service Team members provide when we post questions in the forum.  Unfortunately, it seems there may be a slight disconnect in communicating with the RC team members and community on some of the issues posted in this forum.  Of note, the very long thread discussing the need to separate the desktop app from the phone system.  I did find a post with a workaround, but it is baffling as to why it is taking three years to develop a solution.  

Not being a "techy' sort, I'm sure there are many features that need to be considered when building on the back-end.  I found this out when I couldn't trying to forward calls to my ring central app from another user...  

That being said, it would very helpful if someone from the product team would please review and respond to the newest posts in the Control ring order of Desktop App and Mobile App.  thread.

We have been happy with RC service and products, and only want to see you succeed. A response from the Product team on this specific thread would be extremely helpful.  
Thank you.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 89,336 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Amie,  I've shared your post with our Product Team.   We realize this is frustrating for many of you, but want to assure you your voices are heard even if you don't get a direct reply back on every feature request.   For more info please see:  How many votes does it take to get a feature request implemented?
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy

• 13,760 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike - it is sometimes just a long hard slog to the finish line. 
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson

• 1,594 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
For topics that are 3 years old with 236 votes, the lack of change to the feature after all this time appears to be as close as you can get to a direct response of "we will not be implementing this feature" ...
Photo of Rob LaRose

Rob LaRose

@Bob - there's a big difference between "we will not be implementing..." and the ol' middle finger.  This is much more in line with the latter.
Photo of Rob LaRose

Rob LaRose

@Mike - As you've heard me say before, the question of when/if a feature will be implemented is separate from the question of how RC is treating its most engaged customers and even the RC Community staff.

If Saadet is to be believed, you and she have been repeatedly asking the product team for comment on the #1 most popular feature request for three years and they have completely ignored you time and again.  If I were treated like that at my job, I'd be shopping for a new job.