Control ring order of Desktop App and Mobile App.

• Idea
  • Updated 2 days ago
  • (Edited)
Or allow us to customize the order we want our devices to be used in.

Why is  user, call handling and forwarding so the "softphone and smart phones" is hard coded to be rung first before the other devices. Softphone should be separated smart phones and allow the user to determine the order.

Allow us to customize our call flow for each device: desktop app, smartphone, and hardphone.
Photo of E. M Scott

E. M Scott

• 2,642 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,524 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I think anything thats a "device" should be able to ring separately.
1. app
2. desk phone
3. soft phone
Photo of Lee

Lee

• 1,318 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Chris, The more I find out about them, I don't think the softphone and Apps are considered a device. Unless they have a digital line associated with them. 
Photo of Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner

Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner, Champion

• 31,796 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Correct Lee. The ONLY "device" he listed was the "desk phone".
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,524 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
makes sense.They still need to be able to be separated whether there's a line on them individually or not. If I have my own DL why shouldn't I be able to make the physical phone ring before an app which wouldn't have its own number assigned to it?
Photo of Lee

Lee

• 1,318 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I Agree Chris. If a softphone has a digital line associated to it then you should be able to control the ring order just like a physical phone. I think the problem is with the free softphones and mobile apps. I really don't want them to force all the softphones to have Digital lines to make this happen. lol.
Photo of BrinkerNate

BrinkerNate

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Its sucks not having the ability to make the desk/hardphone ring first. Please add that feature!
Photo of Riley McQuivey

Riley McQuivey

• 62 Points

This is a feature that we really need. It has clearly been requested by people for years.