Using Jabra BIZ 2400 headset with Cisco IP 303 phone

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Headset: How to find the right headset to use?

I have a Cisco IP 303 desk phone and I purchased a Jabra BIZ 2400 headset based on the recommended headsets that work with this phone. 

I also purchased the connector so it will plug directly into the phone.

So, when I plug the headset (with the connector) into the HAC jack on the back of the phone, I cannot hear calls when they come in. In my preferences, I have "Headset" for Preferred Audio Device.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  This is my second go-around and this time I made sure it was compatible with the phone I have. 
Photo of Pamela Hines

Pamela Hines

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,780 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Pamela,  While doing some research on this, I discovered there are over 20 different headset models in the BIZ 2400 series.  Do you know exactly which model you have? 
Photo of Pamela Hines

Pamela Hines

Photo of Pamela Hines

Pamela Hines

Ah, yes - the Part Number is 2403-700-105
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There should be a headset jack on the side of the phone. Can you plug it in there? If you have the Headset option on, that is the jack that should be active. 

Mike
Photo of Pamela Hines

Pamela Hines

I didn't get an adapter with a plug that would work in that hole - looks like I should order that part and then it would work? I ordered a connector with a phone jack.
Photo of Pamela Hines

Pamela Hines

Actually, I had a Sennheiser headset that was supposed to be compatible and ordered that adapter plug and it still didn't work. I'm a little stumped, as this is my second headset.

By the way, thank you for taking the time to help!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Since it's not our product I can't say for sure, but I think there's a good chance it will work if you get the headset adapter. You may want to call Jabra and verify with them before you spend more  money though. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.