Using Outlook Plug-in to schedule for other people?

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
While the RingCentral Meetings desktop app DOES allow the ability to schedule meetings for other people, this feature doesn't seem to exist inside the Outlook Plug-in.

For example, if you've scheduled a meeting for someone else in your team through outlook (or a 3rd party app like Accuity or Calendly), you'd have to use the Meetings desktop app, create the meeting at the same time, then copy the link information into the existing Outlook meeting and then delete the duplicate outlook meeting created by Meetings.

Am I missing something?
Thanks
Photo of Matthew Jarvis

Matthew Jarvis

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Jeff Salisbury

Jeff Salisbury, Champion

• 2,406 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Matthew - our Executive Admins do schedule meetings for their corresponding executives in Outlook. If I remember correctly their are two things needed for that to work: the executive needs to have delegated his/her calendar in Outlook, and in the executive's RingCentral settings you have to add the Exec Admin to the executive's list of who can scheduled meetings for him/her.

AFAIK there is no ability to ad hoc schedule meetings for somebody else using the Outlook plug in if this setup has not been done. Hope that helps.....
Photo of Matthew Jarvis

Matthew Jarvis

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the ideas. We have both permissions set up but when trying it we're only able to add a RC meetings link for the person doing the scheduling, even though it appears in the calendar for the corresponding person's outlook appointment, which doesn't work.

Hopefully I'm missing something.