VERY UNHAPPY with forced update to Desktop Application

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: I prefer the old Legacy softphone, over the new Desktop for Windows/MAC softphone.

Being forced to convert to the new Windows application is beyond frustrating. The reason we never did so in the first place is because it was not user friendly and half of what we could do on Softphone could not be done with the new updates. A new version of something should never be released until you can do exactly what you could do with the old version plus more. If that cannot be done, why even release a new version and on top of that, force the users to use it when the kinks aren't all worked out? We are currently looking into other options for Internet Fax because RingCentral is no longer making things easier for us. In fact, RingCentral has made things more stressful and inconvenient for our office.
Photo of Erdey Insurance Agency, Inc

Erdey Insurance Agency, Inc

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated and angry

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Christopher Panades

Christopher Panades

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I completely 100% agree with this. I noticed this as well when my Softphone was basically force-closing itself after I kept declining to update. I tried the beta for the new Windows Ring Central when it first came out, and hated it. There was a reason why I stuck with the Legacy Softphone for so long. 

Some of the many dislikes
-Boring Minimalist Interface that everyone and their mother seems to be jumping into now a days
-Less features then the original Softphone 
-We can no longer use our companies created MP3 Hold music via Softphone
-Faxing is now more complicated then ever.
-My Logitech G430 do not work with the new app. Callers are unable to hear me.

Why fix what isn't broken??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.