VM PIN

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Hello, My company just got RC and I am trying to get my VM on my handset so I can transfer to the intended recipient but I need a PIN. I wont let me change the PIN in the RC portal because it wants me to enter the original PIN.  I don't recall ever setting one up.  I have tried the usual :"123456" to see if that wold prompt me to set a new one, but no luck.  Can any one assist me with this? Thank you.
Photo of Kimberly

Kimberly

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 34,036 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Check with your administrator at your company. He/she should be able to reset it for you.
Photo of Kimberly

Kimberly

Well, I am an administrator..and I can't figure it out :(  I have followed the instructions on the RC site and I get to where it needs to be reset but it wants the old password.  I should mention that the instructions want me to go thru the "my extension" so I don't know if there's a different place in the Admin section where I should be. 
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 34,036 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Larin beat me to it. The instructions you found on the RC site tell a user how to do it, assuming they knew their original information. Since you are an Admin, simply follow the instructions Larin posted above. You can use the Admin portal to change any and all user information INCLUDING your own user information.
(Edited)
Photo of Kimberly

Kimberly

OMGosh.. Thank you so much.. I don't know why your instructions were easier to follow :)  I appreciate all you help.  Have a wonderful day!!
Photo of LARIN

LARIN

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My pleasure
Photo of Kimberly

Kimberly

Maybe you can answer one more question for me.  Am I able to change the ring tone I hear when I get an incoming call?
Photo of LARIN

LARIN

the ring tone that you hear? Yes press the home key on your phone, arrow right to settings, select basic then arrow down to ring types. You can choose from them there.
Photo of LARIN

LARIN

Official Response
I just did mine and I am a super admin. Log in to ringcentral click on users click on your user, select user details scroll down and select change password. Once there put in your admin password, choose the PIN tab and enter the new pin in each box then click save.
Photo of Kimberly

Kimberly

Thank you so very much!!  I am very appreciative :)
Photo of Ed Levy

Ed Levy

• 60 Points
Where do I find my PIN for VM?
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 33,922 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You would have initially set it up with your password. If you did not set it up, check with your administrator. If you ARE the administrator, go to your user account in the Admin Portal and under User Settings / General click on Change Password at the bottom of the dialog. Then click on the Change PIN and follow instructions.