Voice Mail

• Idea
  • Updated 9 months ago
Phones configured as Ring Central extension should not need a pin code to access voice mail for that extension.  (A pin code isn't necessary for an app on a mobile phone).  The benefit is that voice mails can be quickly accessed without having to remember and input 6 digits.
Photo of Geoff Allsopp

Geoff Allsopp

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Peter Czarnecki

Peter Czarnecki, Employee

• 922 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Good morning,

You are correct that the applications do not need the passcode.  This is based on the assumption that there is a passcode on your phone or computer and the apps do need authentication to log in as well.  Physical phones not having these protections require the pin for the security of the of the messages.
Photo of SANTMYER

SANTMYER

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

As a manager I do not want anyone walking into my office and picking up my messages.  Neither do MY managers.

Photo of Geoff Allsopp

Geoff Allsopp

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
But couldn't a pin code be optional.  We have two phones in sales where a number of people can answer.  A pin code is a total nuisance in this situation.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 90,988 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We'll leave this an open feature request so others can comment and vote. In the mean-time a possible solution might be to have the voicemails forwarded to an email.  In your email client you could set up a shared email, or forwarding rules.