Deskphones: Voicemail Rewind/Fast Forward option

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
How can you rewind or fast forward a voice mail message while you are listening to it?  The user guide for my phone (http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/user/guide/spa300-500-uc320...) says 7 for rewind and 9 for fast forward, but they do not work?
Photo of Rhonda Splear

Rhonda Splear

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,672 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hey Guys, sorry for the delay... 

Here are some of the commands when you select Listen to Messages:

NOTE: The system reads 1st message (Newest to Oldest)

Dial 1: Repeat the message
Dial 2: Save the message
Dial 3: Erase the message
Dial 4: Return the call
Dial 5: Forward the message to extension
Dial 6: Skip the message (Keeping it new)
Dial * (star sign): Exit message review
Photo of kathryn

kathryn

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add prompts to desk phone for fast forward or rewind.

Please add prompts to the desk phone for voicemail such as rewind so many seconds to rehear the phone number or fast forward a few seconds. I know I can do it on my desktop app but my employees don't use my desktop. They pick up messages via the desk phone. Right now we have to listen to the whole message again to get the phone number again.
Photo of ADTUD

ADTUD

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Voicemail: toggle though the messages on phone.

Voicemail Messages Toggling using deskphone
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,020 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
To fast forward/rewind a message use either the softphone,or mobile app.  After you click the play button you can then click on the progress bar and advance (or rewind) to the desired place. 

Photo of Rhonda Splear

Rhonda Splear

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Kim, thank you...but we need this capability on our deskphones.
Photo of Josh Youngblood

Josh Youngblood

• 538 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This idea says it was "Implemented" but I don't see how that is possible.  The feature request was to have rewind/fast forward on the desk phone, which is still NOT POSSIBLE.  So this is NOT IMPLEMENTED.  Please change the status to be considered and worked on.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 89,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HI Josh.  I'll re-title this for "desk phone" as it's not yet available.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 13,528 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
never really tried to FF or rewind a message, i just always replay the message but if you have RC you should have ability to get voicemails sent to your email or at the least use the softphone to make it easier on you while it's not possible on a desk phone at the moment.
Photo of WILKINSON

WILKINSON

• 64 Points
Yes, but not all users have speakers on their desktops, so they do not have the capability to use the softphone or listen to messages through email.  This is really needed on the deskphone.  And, since the Cisco userguide has it listed as a feature, with the buttons to push and everything, it should work.  So, this actually isn't a feature request, but a fix request?
Photo of Geekmom

Geekmom

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I actually have a user without a computer! : ( And logging into another website and having it running on your computer isn't always the most convenient, especially for some of my less tech savvy users.) I can't discriminate against users that don't have or aren't comfortable using the computer software for phone functions. 
Photo of Josh Youngblood

Josh Youngblood

• 538 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled FF and REW in voicemail.

Account Type: US
Business:  Finance

Description:  want to be able to rewind or fast-forward a voicemail when using the desk phone to listen to voicemail messages.  Currently you have to listen to the entire message again.

Use Case:  this would be used constantly by users who are less technically inclined (i.e. they can't use the desktop or smart phone app) or they simply prefer to check their voicemail using their desk phone (i.e. don't have speakers on their computer to listen to voicemails through their computer).

Benefit:  see above
Users: 25+
Photo of Geekmom

Geekmom

This is ridiculous! We need to be able to pause, rewind or fast forward voicemail from our phones. People speak fast, or unclearly, and if I only miss a phone number or a word, I want to be able to skip to that part and listen to it again or stop the message so I can write down what was said and keep up. Not everyone has speakers on their computer. Our old phone system was over 15 years old and it had this feature!
Photo of Douglas Rosenthal

Douglas Rosenthal

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I do not understand how simple pausing, rewinding and forwarding through a message is not part of the voicemail system from the deskphone.  Most users do not have speakers or want to listen to a phone call through a speaker because it is not private.

When will this be implemented?  I would think the phone would have some sort of voicemail menu while in messaging.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 35,398 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, Douglas. I haven't been given an ETA by our Product Team
Photo of Geekmom

Geekmom

This is such a basic function of a phone, I was amazed when we went to RC and it wasn't possible. I will be eagerly awaiting this improvement, along with the other 50+ employees at this office.
Photo of Sara Miller

Sara Miller

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Every phone system since the invention of voice mail has had a rewind and fast forward ability when listening to a voice mail message on a desk phone  These are two of the most basic and common functions of voice mail and RC can't do it? That is just wrong.  All of our employees will be anxiously awaiting this common everyday feature to be implemented.  
Photo of Valerie D

Valerie D

• 62 Points
Totally agree this should be given HIGH Priority for implementation.  I shouldn't have to be on a computer to have this capability.  You don't always need to hear the same voicemail 3 times in order to get a phone # or person's name because they speak too fast.  We've only been on RingCentral for a week, & already I miss our old system.