VVX 601

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Are there any materials on how to customize the VVX 601 screen?  We're looking to change it from the default, which currently shows the user's name 4 times.  If you press the Home button you see a different screen.

One request is showing the DID and / or extension on the default screen.  
Photo of Derek

Derek

• 378 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of EPalombizio

EPalombizio, Champion

• 1,512 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Sure thing, if you check out the Polycom guides, you'll find it pretty easy to customize the display of lines, speed dials, BLFs, background images on the device. We've modified the VVX units with all of the above, as well as customizing power saving features.

The documents are very detailed.

Best of Luck,
Elvis
Photo of Derek

Derek

• 378 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Elvis,

Are you referring to a Polycom document on Polycom's site?  When I search RC, I just find the information sheet PDF.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area.

Derek
Photo of EPalombizio

EPalombizio, Champion

Derek,
   I should have been more specific. You'll want to snag the Polycom UC Software Administrator Guide. That guide has everything you need to modify the various configuration files and upload new versions to the devices.

HTH,
Elvis
Photo of EPalombizio

EPalombizio, Champion

I forgot to ask whether the VVX 601s are RingCentral branded or if you bought them from a third party. I've had no problems modifying non-RC branded devices, but the RC branded units as limited in customization as Cecile mentioned.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,204 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
09-01-2017::: Please note: Many of these customization options in the Polycom Manual from Polycom are purposefully disabled in the RingCentral firmware version. So even though you may "set" some options via the handset hardware - these will revert to the Supported version of options at RingCentral - the next time the phone re-registers with the provisioning server at RingCentral.   This is not a system malfunction on your hardware, it is keeping the hardware working properly with the features as are supported by RingCentral.