Please add Polycom VVX600 as a supported phone.

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Deskphone: Add support for Polycom VVX600

I would like that the Polycom VVX 600 to be added as a supported phone.
Photo of Richard Wharmby

Richard Wharmby

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Khalique Rehman

Khalique Rehman

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled VVX 600 phones along with VVX cameras..

I have two VVX 600 phones along with cameras. I wish and wonder if Ringcentral can include support for this model.
Photo of Shawn

Shawn

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Has anyone successfully used a Polycom VVX 600?.

I have one of these and want to know if anyone has used it with Ring Central? If so, what server did you use and what Firmware?
Photo of Khalique Rehman

Khalique Rehman

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please add Polycom VVX 600 as a supported phone.
Photo of Mike Burton

Mike Burton

• 74 Points
I too would like the VVX600 added soon. I don't see what its not listed when its virtually the same as the VVX500 except a larger screen. 
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,210 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Here is some info from Polycom's Community & RingCentral http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/...
Photo of Richard Wharmby

Richard Wharmby

I don't understand why this phone isn't listed within RingCentral as an assisted provisioning phone. I would like to be able to pick this phone from your list and have RingCentral set it up for me just like you do with the VVX500. 

There are enough of us asking for this, please make it happen. 
Photo of Richard Wharmby

Richard Wharmby

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please list the Polycom VVX600 as an assisted provisioning phone..

I don't understand why this phone isn't listed within RingCentral as an assisted provisioning phone. I would like to be able to pick this phone from your list and have RingCentral set it up for me just like you do with the VVX500. 

This has been asked before in another topic, and you have marked it as "Implemented", but it is not.
Photo of NorCal925

NorCal925

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I second adding the VVX 600 as a supported device... the setup profile would be very similar to the VVX 500. It just makes it difficult for me as an admin because it won't very easily (or at all) support paging, intercom and BLF line appearances.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 44,064 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Our list of supported devices are only devices that we sell. RingCentral does not sell the VVX600, however it should be able to be provisioned manually as a 3rd party device.  

1) Factory reset the phone.
2) Provision the Polycom manually (easiest if done via IP Address as ADMIN).  Select Provisioning Server > Reset to Default at the bottomthen enter in the info in the red boxes below. 

(Edited)
Photo of Mike Burton

Mike Burton

• 74 Points
It doesn't provision for Line Presence or intercom which make it useless.

We want full parity of features for the VVX600 as we get with the VVX500
Photo of NorCal925

NorCal925

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We just returned our VVX 600's and just went with the 500's. It was no big deal - I didn't mind paying for the larger screen, but it was too much of a hassle, and the VVX 500's really do work quite nicely (almost identical to the VVX 600's). I guess if we really need more screen real estate we can get the expansion module.

NOW - what I really need is hot desking. We just paid for the annual plan for our phones and we are committed to RingCentral for the next year - but aside from going to an in house phone system IF you really want the VVX 600 and hot desking we could always switch to 8x8.
Photo of Khalique Rehman

Khalique Rehman

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please add Polycom VVX600 as a supported phone. I have three phones on RC but functionality is limited.
Photo of Raya's Paradise

Raya's Paradise

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled It would be nice to see you add Polycom VVX600 to your list for assisted provisio....

Polycom VVX600
Photo of A J

A J

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I hope there is some progress here... it is difficult to see what has taken so long to support VVX600 whereas other providers have been supporting all of its features for almost a year!?

Do we have any ETA?

Is there a short-term fix? Can somebody provide a step-by-step?
Photo of Vandy9

Vandy9

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed and Indeed! Cmon Ring Central, lets get on the ball please with this phone!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.