We would like to see a do not call feature added to the RingCentral System

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
We are a US account and make about 2000 outbound calls per day. We occasionally call someone that ask us not to call them anymore. It would be a great feature to be able to imput that phone number into our RingCentral platform so that no one in our organization could dial that number. These numbers are hard to keep track of and it is almost impossible when you make the amount of calls we do.
Photo of Greg Lowe

Greg Lowe

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of sam SHAR

sam SHAR

• 60 Points
YES I DO
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The contact center product can do this (but not with the entire DNC registry).  You should probably be using a hosted dialer solution that uses the national DNC list and allows to add and modify it if you are making so many calls and have this concern.  Complaints can potentially become stiff fines for your company.

Photo of Greg Lowe

Greg Lowe

Thanks Brandon. So do I look up the National DNC or where do I start??
Photo of Greg Lowe

Greg Lowe

That would have to be incorporated into our system,, Right?
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, I don't know much/anything about actually implementing this as a solution.  Some quick searches lead me to think the DNC call list is so big that it is hard to integrate with.  There are tools to help scrub lists though.  Then there may be your own list of callers that request you to not call them, but are not on the national DNC registry.  I was just looking at this: https://www.evs7.com/free-do-not-call-list-scrubber-2 It may be helpful.

Photo of Janson

Janson

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Could add to your CRM platform a tag to the record saying "Do Not Call" or something like that so it appears when creating a report of numbers to dial for the day. All depending on how you distribute the numbers needing to be dialed for the day to those that make calls. Kind of like back in the day when you would add "Do Not Pick Up" as the contact name of an ex.