What APPLICATION do I need to get pdf attachments to work and how to I install?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I can't get any attachments to attach. Using Windows 8.1 and a newer version of Softphone. I get a message from the RingCentralFax Editor stating that: there is no application in the system associated with filename or default association does not support printing. Then it asks if I want to use Notepad which turns it to jibberish. This is when trying to attach a pdf however word files seem to fare somewhat better. I hate all this windows 8.1 crap but have to work with it. What "application" do I need? there's not even anywhere to change it.
Photo of Landon Lambert

Landon Lambert

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Landon, do you have at least the Adobe reader installed?

I think this will be the key to everything working properly

Let me know

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Landon, do you have at least the Adobe reader installed?

I think this will be the key to everything working properly

Let me know

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Landon - am wondering if you got everything to work. There were some minor compatibility issues with Windows 8 and the softphone which we should have addressed with some patches. If you're still having issues editing fax cover pages, please let me know.
I'm having problems with downloading earlier version of Softphone that I prefer to use, my operating system was upgraded to Windows 8. The new softphone version does not allow you to scan a document and attach directly to new fax. Please help I prefer using the earlier version of softphone. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.