Error: "Sorry, this Phone Name is already in use. Please enter a different Phone Name."

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic. Thank you The RingCentral C

Encountered this when changing after hour Call Handling and Forwarding.  Cannot save any changes.
Photo of Don Lalonde

Don Lalonde

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Pria Jayaraman

Pria Jayaraman

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This means that in the Call Handling and Forwarding list, you probably had previously entered phone numbers which has the same label. When you try to make any edit to this section, on saving, the system is checking for uniqueness of the phone name (label) and giving you this message.

Click on the phone label to edit it and provide a unique name and try again, this should solve your problem.

Your suggested solution worked. Thank you.  It appears to be a legacy problem -- the labels are left over default RC labels.

Photo of Scott

Scott

• 62 Points
I am having the same problem.  I do not see any labels for the individual phone numbers in the forwarding list - just the phone numbers themselves.  Which phone label am I supposed to be editing?
Photo of Stephen Cranfill

Stephen Cranfill

• 60 Points
I had the same issue in that I couldn't click on any of the labels to edit them. I was using Safari, but switched to Chrome and then could click on one of the "other" labels to edit it. Drove me nuts, but not I can save properly.
Photo of Sean Smith

Sean Smith, Employee

• 892 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Here are the steps on how to change the forwarding number and the label:

Step 1. Log in to your RingCentral account as the administrator  <--Important
Step 2. On the top part of the page click on SETTINGS and then click on PHONE SYSTEM
Step 3. Under phone system click on USERS and the click on the extension that you want to check
Step 4. To the right side of the page click on the option CALL HANDLING AND FORWARDING
Step 5. Check the phone number in the list is the proper phone number where the call will forward to and update the label to the forwarding number.
Step 6. Click SAVE at the bottom of the page

For more details, please click the link below:
http://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/5-10-Editing-your-Extension-s-Business-...
Photo of Karen Gillison

Karen Gillison

• 72 Points
I'm seeing the same issue. I don't see any 'label' that can be updated. On the 'Call Forwarding and Handling' screen, I see the number, but I can't delete it. The label above it says 'Other', but isnt editable. How can I remove this number from the call forwarding?
Photo of Karen Gillison

Karen Gillison

• 72 Points
Update: clicking on the word 'Other' made it editable. Change the name to anything else and save. Then, the phone number can be deactivated by clicking the On/Off slider. Save. Once it's inactive, delete the phone number, and click the label and delete the label text. Save. This will delete the entry all together.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.