What does "Visual Voicemail" really mean? Does it transcribe vmails into text like Google Voice?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Ring Central website advertises "visual voicemail" with the Softphone App. I took this to mean it would transcribe voicemails into text. But can't figure out where to set that up and when I search the "help" center, nothing at all on this topic comes up. Feedback?
Photo of Kevin Swan

Kevin Swan

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
No, I just checked and in this instance they are using the words Visual Voicemail to mean more like Verizon does...you have a screen that you can delete or listen to individual voicemails out of order, via tapping. Hope this helps.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Alex is correct. Speech-to-text transcription is something we are working on, though.
I would EAGERLY look forward to speech to text transcription being offered. This is the one thing I am going to sorely miss from Google Voice. It is a HUGE benefit to be able to scan transcribed messages rather than having to listen to them to determine urgency, etc..
Photo of Scribbious

Scribbious

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
We have been transcribing voicemail for RingCentral customers for years. We're currently transcribing a few thousand messages per month. All the setup needed is a change in the voicemail notification email address to one we provide you. The completed transcriptions can be delivered to up to 4 email and/or SMS addresses.

Since it's human based transcription it's not free like Google Voice but the accuracy more than justifies the cost if you depend on being able to understand the transcription.

There is a no obligation trial and there are no term commitments. www.TalkScribe.com

(Although a RingCentral engineer previously evaluated TalkScribe, there is no affiliation between TalkScribe and RingCentral)
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.