What is the most efficient way to inbound transfer calls to cell phones if the internet connection to my office is lost?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

My office internet connection goes down often. I need a seamless way to allow calls to be transferred to employee cell phones if that happens.
Photo of Michael Lochner

Michael Lochner

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,748 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Miachel, couple of questions here? If the internet goes down do you just want people calling your main company number to be transferred to a cell phone or any direct calls to extensions to be re-directed?

There are solutions for both but let us know first.

Also start looking for another Internet provider. Internet going down often these days should be unacceptable. Unless the outage is being caused by something on your local network

Let us know

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Hi Miachel, couple of questions here? If the internet goes down do you just want people calling your main company number to be transferred to a cell phone or any direct calls to extensions to be re-directed?

There are solutions for both but let us know first.

Also start looking for another Internet provider. Internet going down often these days should be unacceptable. Unless the outage is being caused by something on your local network

Let us know

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Michael Lochner

Michael Lochner

I agree that my internet provider sucks.

I would like to have people who call my main company number to be directed to a cell phone.

Is it possible to have the auto-attendant still work as well so people can choose
what department they want to reach? Then, each of those departments will forward to a cell phone.
Photo of Michael Lochner

Michael Lochner

I agree that my internet provider sucks.

I would like to have people who call my main company number to be directed to a cell phone.

Is it possible to have the auto-attendant still work as well so people can choose
what department they want to reach? Then, each of those departments will forward to a cell phone.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Well, if you have this configuration setup already this should just work.

I am assuming that you do not use IP phones but just cell phones? If that is the case then you should not have to do anything really. The local internet being down would only have an effect if you have IP phones in your office and a call could not be delivered to that phone because it is not connected.

Make sense?

Chuck
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Well, if you have this configuration setup already this should just work.

I am assuming that you do not use IP phones but just cell phones? If that is the case then you should not have to do anything really. The local internet being down would only have an effect if you have IP phones in your office and a call could not be delivered to that phone because it is not connected.

Make sense?

Chuck
Photo of Michael Lochner

Michael Lochner

I have the Polycom VVX310's in the office, which I believe are IP phones. I only want to use cell phones if it is absolutely necessary.
Photo of Michael Lochner

Michael Lochner

I have the Polycom VVX310's in the office, which I believe are IP phones. I only want to use cell phones if it is absolutely necessary.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michael - unfortunately, our system can't detect when customers' internet connections are down. However, what you can do is add your users' cell phones in each of their User Settings (Settings > Phone System > Users > Call Handling and Forwarding). Put the cell phones "below" their desk phones in the list, then make sure "Take calls sequentially" is checked. In the attached image, I have calls going to my cell exclusively. 
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.