When migrating an existing glip user to also be a RC user, a new profile is created rather than the old migrated.

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  1. Account type US
  2. Related case number (if applicable)
  3. Detailed description of problem

If an existing glip user becomes someone who is taking over an RC phone, adding their email to the extension creates a second glip account. Since we use SSO, this locks the user out of their old account and modifies that email to be $username.randomtext In order to correct this, a ticket needs to be opened with the glip team to fix the account in glip. If the user wants their chat history(which i can't see why they wouldn't) that needs to be specified.
        This does not make a lot of sense to me as i can not correct anything with this and does not change the user out in other people's conversation histories. They are no longer connected with any team that they were in and then miss conversations that are important. It seems like a large oversight.

1. Previous troubleshooting steps taken

2. Software version n/a

3. Number of Users affected. All?

Photo of Matt Brancato

Matt Brancato

• 364 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Fast

Fast

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello Matt. I struggled with adding phones/numbers to glip users as well and found a workflow that seems to work well.

If I have a Glip user that doesn't have a phone or number in the account I browse away from the Users tab and head over to the Phone System tab -> Phones & Devices -> Unassigned. From there I do a search for the phone number I want to assign the user and just click Setup & Assign. I then get a full list of users and pick the Glip user I want to assign the phone to.

Since we don't user hard phones the and only use soft phones the (soft)phone(App) usually has the name of previous user so I make sure to update the name of the phone with the new users name (Pull up the user -> expand Phones & Numbers -> Phones -> Edit).