When will the Polycom VVX 601 be supported by RingCentral?

• Idea
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Implemented
The RingCentral engineering team must have a list of the newer phones that are being released. The Polycom VVX 600 appears to be supported, however the Polycom VVX 601 is not currently.

Since Polycom VVX 601 is not currently supported by RingCentral, it can only be manually provisioned which severely limits the features on this phone to an unacceptable level for business use.

How long does it take to add the assisted provisioning for a new phone model?  When will the Polycom VVX 601 be officially supported by RingCentral?

If you can't respond with an approximate date, would the engineering team please publish the schedule listing the new phones that are lined up to be officially supported.  This will assist many current customers as well as many potential new customers. 

Based on the recent discussions I have had with RingCentral's provisioning support department, it certainly seemed like new phone models are NOT a priority for them (at all).  This was not the outcome I anticipated when I contacted them.

I have found that my RC Account Rep has been very professional and calls me regularly to check and see if he can assist me with anything on my account.  However, I feel that RingCentral needs to have the same professional approach within their engineering team & the provisioning team. As it stands right now, my take away from this entire process is that RingCentral is all about new sales yet they only sell & offer support for old, outdated phone equipment.
Photo of Mike Fischer

Mike Fischer

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 89,840 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I can't give any specific date for this, but there's a good chance it will be soon.   I'm changing this to a Feature Request, and will update, it as Implemented when it's officially supported. 

Thanks for your post. 

Mike 
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 33,328 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Mike,

We implemented this feature :) You can purchase and provision Polycom VVX 601 devices in the Admin Portal
(Edited)