• Answered
Photo of The Jeff Conway

The Jeff Conway

• 138 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 16,312 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You did not detail for which model of Polycom you are requesting this info. On a Polycom VVX500 should be able to do it by logging in to the Polycom handset directly and in the wallpaper section of user settings add the image via USB stick in the back of the phone so it can pull your image from
there. Note: It would have to be reapplied once a firmware update occurs as far as I understand. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,764 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You are correct Cecile.  I'm trying to gather more info also.  There are a few things that can be done via custom configuration file by our ProServices team, so I'm trying to verify if this is one of them. 

Mike 
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,218 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
if a customer can have these added to purchased phones through RC that would be great, please let me know cause i have a customer who would like to add their logo to their cisco phones.
Photo of The Jeff Conway

The Jeff Conway

Thanks, Cecile and Mike, I do have VVX 500 and 600 in my office and was told by RC that they could not be done but this workaround should work.  I will let you know how it goes. 

Cheers ! 
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

Thanks for that info Mike! We'd definitely have our logo added into ours by default if that were an option!
(Edited)
Photo of The Jeff Conway

The Jeff Conway

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

11-09-2017 USA-based account, 2287 Users 3800 DID lines, 28 sites all Polycom VVX500 series handsets

For accounts without a lot of phone handsets, if you have admin access to the handset - this can be added in the Polycom phones in the BACKGROUND section of preferences via the Web interface to the hardware.   We have thousands of phones, so we are not going to manually touch each phone to do it.  If engineering comes up with a config file that would allow us to push the image out to all phones - we would do that.   For smaller accounts  here is the screen shot of where to add the image
Photo of Taylor

Taylor, Champion

• 1,408 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Cecile, this works but only temporarily. Once the phone reboots (for any reason) this setting is cleared out by the RC provisioning server. I have setup multiple phones in this way only to have them revert when unplugged, updating presence, or any other reboot event. It is not a permanent solution unfortunately.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,804 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey everyone, this is something that is now possible, but only on certain phones.  FYI.... this is a custom request, not anything we advertise, promote or support here on the Community.  All request for a custom configuration file must go through your account manager who will then work with you and our Professional Services team.  Please reach out to your Account Managers.  

Mike