Why does call forwarding go to voicemail

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Troubleshooting Calls going straight to voicemail

When I set our main RC number to forward to our main land line and select the ring for anything less than 30 seconds it goes to a RC voicemail box with my name on it that I never remember setting up. I want that number to ring through as quickly as possible why can't it go directly to our land line system in 5 seconds?
Photo of LANCASTER

LANCASTER

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

• 3,240 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

sounds like you should turn OFF the Desktop apps & smartphones...  

it gives the option to call the computer before it will ring your actual device.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,188 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
LANCASTER,  Just following up to see if you still need help, or did Dustin's suggestion fix the problem? 
Photo of LANCASTER

LANCASTER

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike, Dustin's suggestion was no help as it was already set to off. Can I speak to tech support by phone or chat?
Also, why can't I just skip the receptionist feature all together and just plain forward a number to another line like I can with my land line carrier? This would solve my issue.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,188 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You are welcome to call support or contact chat. Just click this link: http://success.ringcentral.com/RCContactSupp  In most cases it's very easy to forward a number but ti will help to understand the details. It's probably best to give us a call. 

1-888-898-4591(within the United States)

Mike 
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.