Why does it take a call to ring 5 times before it's transferred to me?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Wondering why I am missing so many calls and it's costing me thousands of dollars a day. When I call my ring central number the phone rings 5 times before my phone actually rings, which results in the caller hanging up thinking I am closed. Is there a way that calls can be forwarded on the first ring. So when a customer dials the number it rings directly to my phone and not ringing 5 times before my phone actually rings? This is frustrating and it's costing me a lot of money. Or does anyone know of a better call forwarding service that actually forwards calls?
Photo of Jeff Heitz

Jeff Heitz

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • Pissed off and losing money

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,696 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jeff, there must be a problem with the call routing. I have many customers and have not heard of the delay in call routing.

Are you on an Office plan or professional?

I am sure this issue could be solved once I look at the routing

Let me know

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Jeff Heitz

Jeff Heitz

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am not sure if I am on an office or professional plan.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Jeff, contact me directly so we could work on this.

Thanks

Chuck
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
What often causes a delay in call forwarding is the "first ring" setting under Settings > My Settings > Call Handling & Forwarding. If you have "first ring" set to notify the softphone and app of an incoming call, it will "ring" those before forwarding the call on to your forwarding numbers.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
There can also be a delay of a couple rings when our system rings a cell phone, simply because the call gets bounced through a lot of network equipment before actually reaching the phone.
Photo of brooke hansen

brooke hansen

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ben,

We are having the same problem.  we have the smart phone option turned off and our phone doesn't start ringing until our customer hears our please hold for assistance message and music on hold.  We are missing call and losing business.  HELP!
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Hi Brook, the only way to solve this is to look at your configuration.  

I provide Ring Central Consulting services and approach problems different than the standard support site

If you would like to talk further, please contact me directly

Chuck
ckfuscone@yahoo.com

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.