Will Ring Central support Google Chrome browser in the near future?

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Acknowledged
RingCentral has obvious issues with Google Chrome. Will RC support Google Chrome someday soon? Here's the most recent error I came across. 

Photo of jc

jc

• 406 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 20,606 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What about that error indicates an issue with Chrome?  It seems a possible network connectivity error or RC server side error if anything.  FWIW, I just now tested Chrome and all seems fine for me.
Photo of jc

jc

Disabling uBlock Origin fixed the issue, d'oh! 
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 45,186 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi jc, please see this post - some people (not all) get this error. We would very much like to investigate what's causing it.
Photo of jc

jc

Yeah not sure why it's affected by ad block but disabling uBlock Origin fixed the issue. Thanks! 
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 45,186 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm not sure, either. Which is why we would appreciate cases being opened when customers have this issue so we can get to the bottom of it :)
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 17,624 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
USA-based acct | 2887 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

01-05-2018 We are a fully integrated Google organization - we use Google for everything, file storage, calendaring, email, and Chrome Browser,  we are not experiencing the problems using Chrome.  We run several extensions and Chrome apps.

The first thing we ask users is - can you take a look at any custom extensions or ad-blockers you have installed beyond the set which is mandatory and managed via our Google Domain Administration.

We fully and extensively test Chrome extensions and Chrome apps prior to deployment, so know all our mandatory extensions and apps work with the most current version of Chrome and with RingCentral.

So this is usually where we find someone has installed something (either a Chrome extension or Chrome App) that is creating the conflict which does not allow the RingCentral portal to pass the credential authentication token.

As you are trying to debug the problem at your organization - pull a copy of the Chrome HarLog on the machine where you are getting the error and submit it as an attachment to your Support Case. 

Here are the directions for that:
https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/how-to-collect-har-logs-in-chrome-and-firefox
Photo of jc

jc

Disabling uBlock Origin fixed the issue, d'oh!