Windows 10 Fax Printer Not Showing Up After Update to Version 9.1.1.27091

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I updated RingCentral on Windows 10 to version 9.1.1.27091. I was able to print to the RingCentral fax printer just prior to the update. After the update, the fax printer no longer existed. I attempted the steps given in the attached link but they did not apply. I rebooted my computer. Still no fax printer. I completely uninstalled the RingCentral software and cleaned the registry before installing the RingCentral from scratch. Still no fax printer. This has happened on two different computers now.

This computer is Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413, 12 GB RAM
Photo of Sol

Sol

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of LESCHEK

LESCHEK

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Having the same problem. No response from Tech support yet.
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are also having the same problem after the update.
Photo of Danielle Flores

Danielle Flores

• 60 Points
Me as well. :(
Photo of Daisy A.

Daisy A., Employee

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Please open the desktop app, click View Settings icon>Messaging>Install Driver. That should fix it :)
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This did work for me although it would have been nice to get a heads up that the upgrade was going to uninstall the print driver and to reinstall it you had to do it through the settings which was new.  It would have saved a lot of hassle uninstalling and re-installing the program trying to get a print driver.
Photo of Sol

Sol

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That worked. Thanks for the instructions.
Photo of LESCHEK

LESCHEK

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same. I would think that would be the default option. Never had to do that before. Would have save me a lot of aggravation.
Photo of Eric Frankel

Eric Frankel

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Print driver has disappeared..

Missing print driver windows 10, latest version of desktop app for ring central.  Can I download the driver?
Photo of Eric Frankel

Eric Frankel

While this solution worked, prior versions of the desktop app installed the print driver without needing to be nudged like this.  It would be better to automatically install the driver as implied by Leschek.  If it ain't broke don't fix it to aggravate the user base.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
06-22-2017 Here is a Step By Step How To install the driver from your RingCentral for Windows Desktop software, it only take about 1 minute  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5jORN3wB9xJcHlCVGg4am1UZGM
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,088 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The latest version of RingCentral desktop contains an option to install the Internet Fax.  Go to Settings > Messaging and you'll see the button shown below.

Photo of Eric Frankel

Eric Frankel

Who decided to make the driver an option.  Bad decision.  In the past, it was installed by default.  If it ain't broke.....
Photo of Steven Lee

Steven Lee

• 70 Points
I have the same issue. I have tried to install the print driver.

I go to RingCentral for Windows Controller and then Setting, Messaging. Click on Install, and then:

"Cannot install ringcentral internet fax. Try again." 

Of course, trying again doesn't work. 

What can I do? 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Try to uninstall and reinstall the app. It should install itself automatically. If it still doesn't install the there's something blocking it. You are welcome to open a suppirt case if it still doesn't install.
Photo of Steven Lee

Steven Lee

• 70 Points
Hi Mike,

I found the printer installer. That worked. You really ought to make this information readily available. 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\RingCentral\SoftPhoneApp\driver\InternetFax.msi

Where <username> is your Windows user name. 

Steven