Working from Home

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
I am working at home for the first time and the app did not transfer with the laptop provided to me.  I am able to get to the website and logged in, but unable to figure out how to a) download the desktop app and b) make/take calls.  Can someone please help?
Photo of Alisa Karpachova

Alisa Karpachova

• 70 Points

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michael Blanchard

Michael Blanchard

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I downloaded the desktop app (WIndows) but cannot make calls. It works great on my Android though!
Photo of Norman Twitty

Norman Twitty

• 60 Points
It's easier to go to https://support.ringcentral.com/s/?language=en_US and download the RingCentral App on your laptop.  This way you can make / receive calls and do meetings from one place.
Photo of Arun Guha

Arun Guha

• 762 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
When logged in to the RC Web site (https://service.ringcentral.com/application/overview) there is a Telephone handset icon at the top right of the Web page that allows you to Ring Out (i.e. place a call using your computer browser).

Michael Blanchard

Yeah I tried thet. Ring out. It says Calling your current location...Please answer your phone when it rings. But nothing happens. The other odd thing I noticed: The "From" number offers a drop down that only offers one pick: Custom Phone Number so I have to manually add it each time.
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

• 3,326 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello Michael!

Please check on your Online Portal Settings and go to Phone Numbers > Phone > Deauthorize all Desktop App devices, then try to logout/login on the app using your extension's direct number.

Michael Blanchard

Ahhh man....ya lost me at "Online Portal Settings" I don't see that anywhere. I think I have clicked on everything there is to click...
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

This is the link to the Online portal https://login.ringcentral.com/
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

If you are not an admin, you should see a tab that says Settings, click on it.

Michael Blanchard

Then go to "Outbound Calls" ?
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

Can you send me a screenshot of what you have now after logging in to the Online Portal?
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

Okay, you are there. Then go to Phones & Numbers > Phones.
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

If that is what you only see, it means that your app is not yet authorized on the system. Are you using the app that has the R icon or the app with the blue phone icon?

Michael Blanchard

R icon both on desktop and web portal 
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

Please login on the app using your direct number.