News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Is there any way to add the "Edit Account Permission" without contacting the support team?
Tags: rest api
Dec 29, 2020 at 4:25am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Carl Miller

I have the same issue.

But there is no Edit Account Permission. I sent the email to the dedicated support email address.

Still no answer.

I need to create an app for several accounts for our SRM site.

Then I have to send an email every time?

2 Answers
answered on Jun 22, 2021 at 2:06pm  

Your core question relates to how you can edit an app's permission after the app has been graduated and is in operation in production. The answer to that question, for the time being, is that you can't. Once an app has been graduated, we do not permit developers to edit anything related to the security settings of that app in order to protect users who made have already installed that app.

I created an idea in our ideas portal to change this behavior - which we have every intention of doing in the future. If you would like us to implement this feature, please vote for the idea at the URL below: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-2552

Next, you asked about the Edit Accounts permission. This can be added to your app by an administrator. To request this permission, please login and contact our support team via our online form: https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case

answered on Dec 29, 2020 at 5:32am  

Edit Accounts Permission' is advanced permission and you need submit a help ticket to enable that in your apps. You need to send a follow up mail.

Meanwhile here @Phong Vu can help.

on Dec 29, 2020 at 6:13am   •  0 likes

Thanks.

How can I send the email to @Phong Vu?

answered on Dec 29, 2020 at 6:11am  

Thanks.

How can I send the email to @Phong Vu?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us