News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Remote Agent to Agent Call Shadowing for WFH - Does it Exist?
Tags: contact center
Jun 29, 2020 at 9:45am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
lori-van-groningen
Is there a feature that allows a new trainee to remotely observe/shadow another agent's calls? Due to COVID-19 and social-distancing guidelines, and working from home, I need to identify a new process since side-by-side observation is no longer an option.  I'm wondering if there is a feature similar to "Coach" in the Supervisor portion of the Contact Center/Max Agent.  
on Apr 13, 2021 at 8:26am   •  0 likes

I do agree this is much-needed, and it should not require anyone to submit a feature request. Clearly this is needed for all of us, and I hope that RingCentral is proactively working to add this functionality!

on Apr 12, 2021 at 11:40am   •  0 likes

Hi,

Did this way work for call coaching? I'm looking for something similar.

Thank you!

on Apr 13, 2021 at 8:16am   •  0 likes

Hi Jenny, this feature is not available. You may submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

on Jun 29, 2020 at 9:47am   •  1 likes
I don't know of another feature for doing that, if it were me I might try to build a new role with supervisor permissions limited to listening only, if that is possible
1 Answer
answered on Jul 8, 2021 at 11:36am  

I found that Call monitoring works really well, you're able to have the trainer do the talking and the trainee can listen in or vise versa. You also have the ability to whisper in the trainee ear to help coach them along. It was a feature that had to be turned on but it was included in the package that we purchased.

on Jul 8, 2021 at 2:08pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for sharing this, @Jenny Manning!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us