News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Create Shareable Recording Link
Tags: video
Oct 14, 2021 at 12:17pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Dave Carlson

Is it possible to create a link to a recorded meeting from RCV, instead of just sharing to tenant members directly? In Meetings, this was possible, but it would appear this functionality doesn't exist in RCV yet. Thanks!

1 Answer
answered on Oct 14, 2021 at 12:51pm  

Hello @Dave Carlson , it is also available in RCV. Kindly check on this Knowledge Base article below.

https://support.ringcentral.com/app/video/desktop-web/sharing-ringcentral-video-meeting-recording-desktop-web.html

on Oct 14, 2021 at 12:56pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Mary-Community_Moderator! I've seen this article, but unfortunately I think you misunderstood my question. That sharing method only allows you to send the video directly to participants of the meeting. What I'm looking for is a link to the meeting recording that anyone could access, sent by some other means (e-mail, IM, etc.). The inability to do this requires a presenter to go through the trouble of downloading the video, then re-uploading it to a video sharing platform. While possible, it's a lot of extra steps and those steps were not present in the RingCentral Meetings platform.

An example of use case is a company training session that we'd then like to send out to any staff members who might have been unable to attend the meeting. A link to the recording would not be able to be sent to these individuals via the method indicated in the KB article you provided.

Thanks!

on Oct 14, 2021 at 1:02pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for clarifying @Dave Carlson. This feature is not available with RCV yet. We'd love to let the Product Team know about this. Would you please submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal?

on Oct 14, 2021 at 1:59pm   •  1 likes

Done! It can be found here. Thanks!

on Oct 15, 2021 at 8:04am   •  0 likes

Great!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us