News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
API missing records and weird data
Tags: rest api
Oct 13, 2021 at 7:53pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Nigel McLaughlin

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the API in Sandbox:

* the only Company-wide calls that show up are those where I make the call through the CallOut endpoint even though all calls show up in the normal web interface. No Inbound calls show up -> though it rings the App.

* I do not get a "node" for the call recordings - again, they are available in the web interface & I have the correct grants.

* Direction is reversed and says Inbound instead of Outbound and has the To / From reversed.

Any help appreciated as this just seems illogical.

2 Answers
answered on Oct 14, 2021 at 7:14am  

How did you setup your sandbox? How many user extension did you add to the sandbox account? Do those user extensions have their own direct number or digital line?

answered on Oct 14, 2021 at 1:48pm  

We have a fully paid account on MVP Premium with 3 users each with their own line. I am trying to "graduate my App" so we can begin using it with our CRM, but the returned API data is completely wrong - and as it never returns information about the Call Recordings in the JSON I can't complete that part of the requirement either.

on Oct 14, 2021 at 1:56pm   •  0 likes

But in your original question, you wrote "I'm having some issues with the API in Sandbox:", So is it your sandbox or your production?

on Oct 14, 2021 at 3:17pm   •  0 likes

I only have Sandbox API credentials - but our actual "phone account" is fully paid - when I do getCompanyCallLogs I get some of the results, but not all of them and the information is wrong.

on Oct 14, 2021 at 8:55pm   •  0 likes

If you are on sandbox, just talk about sandbox. Why do you have to mention about your production if you have not graduate your app yet. That just makes more confusion.

I also asked you how did you setup your sandbox and got no answer. How many users and do the users have direct number or digital line or not.

Anyway, I cannot help w/o details background info and I recommend you to open a support ticket so an expert can have a look at your sandbox account.

on Oct 14, 2021 at 11:05pm   •  0 likes

I set up Sandbox through the Web interface, got credentials, used them to run various API calls.

I see no way of adding other extensions to Sandbox.

I do a "ringout" via the Sandbox and it goes into the logs + makes a call, but using the Desktop App it never appears in the logs.

on Oct 15, 2021 at 7:17am   •  0 likes

"I set up Sandbox through the Web interface, got credentials, used them to run various API calls."

That is not a sandbox. That is your developer portal where you can create apps and get the app credential as well as graduate your app.

The sandbox is another service, which mimic your production environment, where you can add more users and phone numbers similar to what have on your production account so you can test your app, make test phone calls or send test messages etc without messing up with your production environment.

Right now, you have not setup the sandbox so there is no digital line, no direct number and that is why you cannot get inbound calls. And you can only do ring-out outbound call which is not a direct call and that is why you see a many event notifications due to the internal call legs.

Login your sandbox from here if you know the username and password of the default super admin user (101). Or, login your RingCentral dev portal (where you created your app) and click on the "Sandbox Accounts" and get into your sandbox from there.

screen-shot-2021-10-15-at-71508-am.png

on Oct 14, 2021 at 1:59pm   •  0 likes

Sandbox API is returning the wrong data - I can't graduate my App to production as it's missing data i.e call recordings and sending back wrong data + as I posted in another thread, I have successfully subscribed to a Webhook, but never see any inbound ones except at the time I subscribe.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us