News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Call Queue Members - Bulk Assign does not take effect immediately
Tags: call queues, call forwarding
Feb 11, 2022 at 10:24am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Brandon Hein

I'm using the Telephony Forward Call API to forward a call to an extension (in this case, a call queue). We want to pre-populate the call queue with members before the call is forwarded.

I get successful Status Code responses to make all the API calls... however, the newly added queue members are not invited on calls until they receive an email notification stating they're added. Likewise, the members that are removed, will get rang to until after some time passes.

I don't know the exact timeframe, but it takes about a minute before the desired behavior is achieved after make the Bulk Assign API call.

1 Answer
answered on Feb 14, 2022 at 1:49pm  

What is the use case that you are trying to solve. From what I see you are changing the members of call queue dynamically. I am afraid , this use case might not be supported.

Explain in detail what exactly you are trying to build and me/my team might be able to assist with the solution or workaround if there is any .

@Phong Vu FYI

on Feb 14, 2022 at 2:14pm   •  0 likes

We're planning on using Call Queues as a waterfall. After set wait time and no answer forward onto another extension/call queue. Queue A to Queue B to Queue C. Someone should answer in A, in the event that does not happen, B and C would have potentially more people in them to answer the call.

But before this process starts in Queue A, we want to set members to these waterfall queues.

Process Flow:

1. Phone Call comes into User Extension (think of this 'user' as a systematic user). Has our company phone numbers we use in ads.
2. Do assessment on incoming phone number.
3. Set Call Queue Members on a separate queues.
4. Forward Call to the Extension of Queue A. (then RingCentral takes care of that waterfall process).

-------------

My 'work-around' is to have ALL users added to these Call Queues, and use the API's adjust the user queue presence, before forwarding the call on to Queue A, to start the waterfall process.

This isn't the end of the world... and how I'm proceeding building this out as it's working in my testing.

I'm sure there's some phone system magic happening when adding someone to a queue. Just seems a bit odd, as adding/removing someone to/from the queue has latency. But adjusting user queue presence, doesn't have latency.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us