News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Distinguish between calls missed because user is on phone vs. not answered
Tags: analytics and reporting, call logs
Mar 2, 2022 at 9:11am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
karen-inman

We are using the new LOB analytics page and liking what we see. One question that we want to answer is when a call is missed (unanswered/goes to voicemail), was the person on another call at the time that they did not answer. How can we find this information?

on Mar 7, 2022 at 10:17am   •  0 likes

Mary,

Thank you for your response. While that clarifies the distinction between missed and unanswered calls, it does not answer the question we are trying to get to. We want to know if a call was not answered BECAUSE the person being called was on another call. How can we answer that question?

Thanks,

Karen

on Mar 7, 2022 at 10:52am   •  0 likes

Are you referring to a direct call to an extension or from Call Queue?

on Mar 9, 2022 at 11:11am   •  0 likes

Direct call to an extension (or direct transfer to that extension)

on Mar 9, 2022 at 3:36pm   •  0 likes

@karen-inman I'm checking with Analytics Team regarding your concern. I'll get back to you once I have an answer.

2 Answers
answered on Mar 8, 2022 at 8:13am  

Idk if there is a metric that will tell you this information automatically, but I always just look at the time of the call compared to the user(s) call logs to see if they were on a call at that point in time. It's easy enough to do to check one or two users, but it'd be a pain to check a big organization.

answered on Mar 3, 2022 at 9:30am  

Unanswered refers to calls not answered by users.

Missed - Calls that rang to max time/rings as per the setup and was not answered by the user.

For more information, you may check the link below or the guide of LOB Analytics beta.

https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/guides/LOBAnalytics.pdf

Please mark my answer as accepted if this information helped. Thank you!

on Mar 9, 2022 at 11:13am   •  0 likes

Mary, I appreciate that response, but I am trying to identify call that were not answered because the person was on another call at the time the new call came in. We have a number of our staff with low answer rates and would like an easy way to identify if this is because they were already on the phone with another member or if they just did not answer the call. This is cumbersome to check for multiple users and multiple calls across the organization.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us