question

Elena Grishin avatar image
Elena Grishin asked Phong Vu answered

How do you find the original outbound phone number for transferred call?

I get the call for a user using Sandbox app by following API call:

var usersCalls= await restClient.Restapi().Account().Extension().CallLog().List(
    new ReadUserCallLogParameters
 {

perPage = 30,
 showBlocked = true,
 dateFrom = "some date",
 dateTo = "some date",
 view = "Detailed"
 });

Some of the transferred calls do not have original, not RingCentral phone numbers.

If A calls B, then call forwards to C I can see the A number (A number is not RingCentral number).

The problem is to get A number for the forwarded outbound call.

Like B(RingCentral number) calls A(not RingCentral number), then B forwards call to C(RingCentral number), in that case, I don't see A number.

Is that by design and expected not to see the original number (A number)?

Thank you.

rest apicall queues
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Elena Grishin avatar image Elena Grishin commented ·

Just to note that I get a call log for C in both cases for inbound and outbound calls.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, the call log is a call history and it was not designed to log all details of a call including call transfer.

You have to implement an app that subscribes for the /telephony/sessions event notification and build your logic to create own call data. Let me know if you have further questions.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys