question

Chady Boutros avatar image
Chady Boutros asked Chady Boutros answered

Transfer Phone call to a physical phone or make a certain physical phone dial out through API

I am working with the ring central API and I would like to build a feature that allows me to make a physical phone receive a call or call out with the number intended.

Example:

Let's say I click on the link on my application, I would want a certain phone to physically call out.

I use SIP-T48G and in my environment.

transfer a call
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Here is what you need to know about how to transfer a call or to make a call programmatically using RingCentral Call Control API.

1. To transfer a call, you need a phone number to transfer the call. That number can be the number assigned to a physical device as you ask for.

2. To dial a number from a physical phone, you need to have the device id then use the call-out API to dial.

To check the phone number of a physical phone and to detect the device id of a physical phone, you can read the user devices to pick the phone number or the device id required by the APIs mentioned above.

Further readings

https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/ringcentral-telephony-session-events-notifications-98b3f8d29745

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/call-control

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chady Boutros avatar image
Chady Boutros answered

This is fantastic! Thank you so very much for taking the time to give me such detailed information.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys