News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
IVR Voicemail issue
Tags: voicemail, ivr, message
Apr 18, 2022 at 12:13pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Lena Nieboer

Hi! I have a user's missed calls section set to go to an IVR menu where a caller can subsequently choose if they'd like to hold, be transferred to a different user, or be transferred to that user's voicemail. I'm testing and I've chosen the voicemail option. The voicemail message plays, but I cannot leave a voicemail. Any way to fix this?

on Apr 18, 2022 at 12:37pm   •  1 likes

Lena, I'm looking at your web portal now. May I know what is the extension number of that user?

on Apr 18, 2022 at 12:43pm   •  0 likes

Yes, it's my extension - 8055. Thank you!

on Apr 18, 2022 at 1:54pm   •  0 likes

Your settings are correctly setup. Please contact Tech Support to see where the issue is. You may create a case here.

1 Answer
answered on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:12am  

If I'm understanding how you have it setup correctly, when you send to an IVR from a user's call handling section, the VM is disabled by default. It's not explained very well, but that's how it works.

If you wish to use an IVR for this user and with the options you describe, you need to create a message only extension for that user and have the IVR be sent to that message only extension if the client wishes to be sent to VM. You can set the recipient to the user within the message only extension and they can still access their VM as per usual. The only complexity is that to change their unique VM, the user must change it on the message only extension.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:39am   •  0 likes

OH THANK YOU for your answer! I absolutely didn't know that the vm was disabled, but that makes sense. I will set a message only extension and see if that works as you suggested. Thanks again!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us