News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Bogen TPU 100B Compatible?
Tags: partner compatibility
Apr 28, 2022 at 8:21am   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
Andrea Evers

We have a client that has a Bogen TPU100B paging system that we are trying to get on to RC. Is this compatible with RC?

on May 4, 2022 at 8:17pm   •  0 likes

Did you get this to work? I am coming from a Mitel system. We have a Shoregear SG-90 at the moment for this. Does RingCentral support it and is it possible?

All speakers are wired to the Bogen device and analog is put through a connector to the SG90.

on May 6, 2022 at 7:43am   •  0 likes

You won't use the Shoregear anymore. You will need a device like the SNOM PA-1.

on May 6, 2022 at 1:50pm   •  0 likes

Are you using the TAM B access module with your TPU 100Bs?

You simply connected the Paging Output from there to the SNOM and registered it as a Paging Device using the SIP info from RC?

on May 6, 2022 at 4:11pm   •  0 likes

You would use the TAMb module if you're planning to use an ATA as your paging adapter, but I wouldn't. The cost of the module and ATA is greater than the SNOM.

I've attached a pic of how we wire them. You can get a line matching transformer because I believe the tel paging is 600ohms, but I don't quite remember. Regardless, that's only if you care. There's no sound quality issues. Make sure to change the gain to 0 in the SNOM so that it turns off the internal amplifier first.

But yes, use the pos/neg of the SNOM directly to the tip/ring of the TEL paging inputs.

image~2.png

on May 6, 2022 at 5:18pm   •  0 likes

Ah. Okay. Currently we have the speakers all hooked into the 100B. That is hooked into the TAMb. Then finally a connector (a RJ11 Telco adapter) hooks into the SG90. In there it's configured as a port/extension for use in our Mitel on-premise system.

Obviously we are moving to RingCentral and will be getting rid of all the Mitel equipment. Though want to continue to use all our speakers/Bogen intercom system for the office. So was looking for options.

Thanks much!

on May 9, 2022 at 11:29am   •  0 likes

Ah gotcha. I guess you could actually just use an ATA instead if you'd like considering you already have the TAMb interface. But...I still like paging gateways like the SNOM or Algo 8301 more.

on May 11, 2022 at 6:39pm   •  0 likes

I ended up getting the SNOM. Now I am trying to set it up so RingCentral picks it up. I got it online, it's on my network, and I am in the SNOM setting up Identity 1.

Having a little trouble here. Hopefully can get it working fine.

on May 6, 2022 at 12:28pm   •  0 likes

Okay. Though the Bogen system can be made compatible with the RC system using a SNOM PA-1 or other similar device. That is what I am looking for as we could not get a straight answer.

1 Answer
answered on Apr 28, 2022 at 10:02am  

Yep, you can use the SNOM PA-1, register it as a paging device in RC and connect the pos/neg of the SNOM to the Tel Paging ports on the Bogen.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us