News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Why does my phone intermittently not ring when someone calls?
Tags: phone not ringing
Apr 27, 2022 at 2:58pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
marshall-hayes

I use the RC mobile app on my Android phone. Sometimes when a person calls, the phone rings. Other times, nothing happens and I just get a voicemail. This has been a problem for me for 2 years now. It hasn't just happened in my current environment, but even when I was using the browser app (instead of the phone app) it would do this.

How can I get some form of reliability out of this thing? Whenever I talk to support they just call the number and it's usually a day that it's working so they just shrug me off. I'm not sure what to do.

on Apr 29, 2022 at 9:51am   •  0 likes

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall your app? Or maybe you have accidentally put your phone on DND.

on Apr 29, 2022 at 12:18pm   •  0 likes

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the suggestions. I double-checked DnD and that's not it. But I will try to reinstall the app, in case that helps. This has happened on 2 different mobile phones now though so I'm guessing this won't help =/ Still worth a shot!

1 Answer
answered on May 4, 2022 at 10:47am  

Hi Marshall, You should check the reports and follow the calls your missing. Somewhere along your call tree may be skipping you for certain calls or looping you in to receive voicemails from missed calls.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us