News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral app keeps ringing after caller hangs up
Tags: phone application
Feb 15, 2021 at 8:27pm   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
Arto Basmadjian

So, I just tried the 'flip' option on my mobile app, to send the call to my laptop. Within a couple of seconds, my laptop started ringing. I didn't answer it. Then the original caller hung up. My laptop kept ringing for about a minute, until I unlocked my laptop and hit ignore. Is there some sort of timeout that should prevent it from ringing that long?

on May 9, 2022 at 11:53am   •  0 likes

not using mobile app - not flipping call - person on other end hangs up regular phone call and ring central disconnects, but seems like chrome extension has some ghost ring going on - no way to answer - just rings and rings - might be some connection issue to headset - seems like it happens as soon as headset disconnects?

on May 9, 2022 at 11:58am   •  0 likes

maybe i commented on wrong post?

on Sep 21, 2022 at 9:31am   •  0 likes

I am experiencing this same issue.

on May 9, 2022 at 9:21am   •  0 likes

This is happening for one of us also - any resolution yet?

1 Answer
answered on May 9, 2022 at 11:26am  

This is because you need to hit the checkmark button on your mobile app once you're ready to complete the flip, ie: when you've picked up the call on your laptop. Your extension is basically calling itself when you do the flip, hence the reason it doesn't matter if the client hangs up - YOU still need to answer it or hang up on your end.

But if you're flipping between your mobile and desktop app, I wouldn't use the Flip functionality - you should instead click the banner that appears on your mobile and desktop app that says "switch call to this device" - much more seamless and integrated. I've never really found the flip option to be that great as it has too many extra steps.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us