News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Missing disconnect events?
Tags: rest api, webhooks
May 9, 2022 at 12:42pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Alan Christensen

App ID: Sf_MHvJ_RSCNbASqY4hw-g~yH9spVm3RZSAmcwoDLI7hg
App Name: Xima CCaaS
App Link: https://ai-developer.ringcentral.com/administration.html#/application/Sf_MHvJ_RSCNbASqY4hw-g~yH9spVm3RZSAmcwoDLI7hg
Env: Production

I have also created a support ticket. case number 15233463

We have a call that comes into our SIP handset. TelephonySessionId=s-a0dd87208502fz180a94f0c42z16963390000

Then with our sip handset we make the call to an agent. TelephonySessionId=s-a0dd8651384ccz180a94f70a2z8549130000

Once that agent is talking we finish the Attended Tranfser.

According to the SIP messages that we see on our end the AttendedTransfer completed. So our system thinks the agent (Crystal Geiger extension 686) has answered the call and the REFER message got an OK response.

The API says that the transfer went through but then never sends the DISCONNECT event on the s-a0dd8651384ccz180a94f70a2z8549130000 call id. We do see a single DISCONNECT on the second call Id s-a0dd87208502fz180a94f0c42z16963390000.

The Call Logs in the RingCentral system say that the agent missed the call but it lasted 10 minutes. Is that expected? Is there a bug on your end?

We did end up hitting the call log API and it shows the call was there for the 10 minutes as we see afterwards with the 10 minute missed call. Our customer is complaining that the agent was stuck tied to this call for 10 minutes when from their end it seemed the call was over and they should be available.

on May 10, 2022 at 7:40am   •  0 likes

Was the call answered by the SIP handset before it was transferred to the agent? In other words, was it a blind transfer or warm transfer?

Can you subscribe for the telephony session event notifications to capture and print out all the events of that call, remove sensitive info such as name and phone number and post it here so I can have a look at it. Since you already created a support ticket, it's better to update the support case with such detailed event logs so they can check.

on May 10, 2022 at 10:47am   •  0 likes

It was an Attended Transfer (Warm Transfer) where things went wrong

webhook message.txt

1 Answer
answered on May 16, 2022 at 11:00am  

Sorry for the delayed response. I have tested many times on my end and I do get the Disconnected event for both call sessions. It's so hard to follow your log as the incoming call first went to a call then forwarded to a call queue member, then the member who answered the call made a warm transfer to another agent.

To simplify the log for investigation, can you make a simple direct call to the agent "Xima CCaaS 1", and make a warm transfer to the agent "MB".

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us