News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How to identify a Ring Central caller
Tags: caller id
Jun 1, 2022 at 2:39am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
jon-payne

How can I identify a Ring Central caller? My calls are forwarded to my cell phone. How can I tell if a call is a forwarded RC call and not a direct call to my cell?

1 Answer
answered on Jun 1, 2022 at 8:48am  

You can add unique numbers before or after the incoming number to help you identify the call. For example;

22XXX XXX XXXX

XXX XXX XXXX22

Follow the instructions below,

Sign in to your RingCentral online account.

a. Admins: On the Quick Access page in the Admin Portal, navigate to Users > Manage Users, select the extension to configure, then click Call Handling.

b. Users: Navigate to Settings > Call Handling.

Go to Settings > click Edit under Incoming Call Information > enable Add Special Number > choose if you want to add a number to the end or beginning > enter the number > then choose Non-RingCentral phones only > save.

You may visit the KB article below for more information about Configuring your incoming call information settings.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4618.html

on Mar 23, 2024 at 9:33am   •  0 likes

Thank you for this. However, it would be super helpful if RC did a simple fix like what's shown in my attachment. Thank you!ringcentral-phone-caller-id-fix.jpg

on Jun 2, 2022 at 8:51am   •  1 likes

This did not work. I used "99" as my unique numbers. The result was ALL my calls were directly forwarded to voice mail. I had to undo the process to get my calls Back.

on Jun 2, 2022 at 10:58am   •  0 likes

It should not affect the calls. I will check on your logs and see what happened.

on Jul 2, 2022 at 1:38am   •  0 likes

I never received a response to this.

Your suggestion of adding unique numbers did not work and in fact changed to operation of my system so that all calls went to voice mail.

on Jul 20, 2022 at 4:31am   •  0 likes

It has been about 45 days since I asked this question. I tried the suggestion and it broke the system. I am still waiting for a resolution. If you can't help, please escalate to someone who can.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us