News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Exercise all requested permissions not met even though I think I did
Tags: graduation
Jul 29, 2022 at 1:12pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Chishun Kwong

Hi,

I have an application that uses "Webhook Subscriptions" as the only permission. I've been able to create a webhook that subscribes to telephony events. I also confirmed that I am getting those events by placing calls. However, in the graduation requirements I am still getting a red cross icon on "Webhook Subscriptions", everything else is green.

Thanksscreen-shot-2022-07-29-at-40606-pm.png

1 Answer
answered on Jul 29, 2022 at 2:06pm  

You should exercise the Webhook Subscriptions permission by delete/create or renew the subscriptions several times. If you have done that and still see it in red, let me know the app client id.

on Aug 1, 2022 at 6:59am   •  0 likes

I have done create, delete and list. I will add get and renew and see if that works better. Thanks!

on Aug 1, 2022 at 1:47pm   •  0 likes

I see that you are not able to graduate your app yet. However, your app has only 1 app permission "Webhook Subscriptions". What is/are the event filter(s) did you subscribe for? You may need to add those permissions required by those filters and call API to read the data. This is an awkward requirement for app that needs only getting the notifications. But it is the current situation. I can also help to graduate your app manually. Let me know the event filters and let me know if I should graduate it.

on Aug 10, 2022 at 10:42am   •  0 likes

Hi, I have exercised one more endpoint (GET by id) and still the graduation requirement of "Exercise all requested permissions" is showing red, would it be possible for you to manually graduate my app?

Thanks!

on Aug 10, 2022 at 12:41pm   •  0 likes

Is your app supposed to be a public app? Was that indented or by mistake?

on Aug 10, 2022 at 12:47pm   •  1 likes

We are a software vendor and some of our customers are using RingCentral, and we have a need for our app to be used by these customers.

on Aug 10, 2022 at 1:04pm   •  0 likes

That means the reason for "intended" to be a public app.

App graduated.

on Aug 10, 2022 at 1:06pm   •  0 likes

I see, yes, it is, and thanks so much. So going forward the same Client ID and Secret is used I presume?

on Aug 10, 2022 at 1:09pm   •  0 likes

Grab the production app client id and app client secret and use them instead of the ones for sandbox.

on Aug 10, 2022 at 1:10pm   •  0 likes

Oh I see, got you, should have looked first. Thanks again!

on Aug 10, 2022 at 12:45pm   •  0 likes

Yes, it is a public app. Not sure what you mean by "indented" though.

on Aug 2, 2022 at 7:04am   •  0 likes

Hi, thanks for looking into this for me. My subscription filters are

"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?statusCode=Setup",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?statusCode=Proceeding",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?statusCode=Answered",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?statusCode=Disconnected"

My needs are basically knowing a client's voice calls' start and stop. I have tested that I am getting those. I was actually under the impression that I need the Call Control permission as well but that seems a lot to ask of our clients and on further testing I see that Call Control is not needed, please correct me if I am wrong but that's what I observed.

My Client ID is YEXCDYtKStidNjJfbL6AZg, I have not been able to test since yesterday as there seems to be an issue with https://app.devtest.ringcentral.com/login and I am not able to login.

Thanks!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us