News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Update IvrMenu Key presses
Tags: rest api, ivr
Aug 1, 2022 at 8:54am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Jon Landrum

Making an app for our locations to be able to change Key presses for who is on call. we have it setup for the 2 departments. so key press "1" and "2" . I've got pretty much everything working except when you send a put to https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension?

and update the key press for one of them it seems to delete the second key press. it does this using the api reference page as well. is there a way to keep the key press not selected from being removed or changed in anyway?

on Aug 1, 2022 at 2:01pm   •  0 likes

Can you post some params what you exactly set to update the extension to change the key press? I don't see those params in that /extension endpoint.

2 Answers
answered on Aug 1, 2022 at 5:54pm  

sorry ive been using the
https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com
/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/ivr-menus/ivrMenuId as a PUT and ive been using

{

'actions': [

{

'extension': {

'id': '{ {Table1.selectedRow.id}}',

},

'input': '1',

'action': 'Connect',

}

as json. it doesnt look like you guys allow the PATCH request that i could find. i can make it work to get all the key presses uri from the get and work it into my app just was hoping for an easier way. new to all this and dont know all the shortcuts yet

answered on Aug 2, 2022 at 7:40am  

Yes, the right way to do is to read an IVR menu, change the setting values, then update the IVR menu using those endpoints.

Let me know if you are still facing problem. I will check if we support the PATCH for this API.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us