News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Number of rings before voicemail - desktop & mobile
Tags: call forwarding
Oct 2, 2019 at 2:08am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
janet-and-jon-mier
I think this is existing case JIRA RLZ-27176. UK based. Changing the time/number rings in the the call handling and forwarding section doesn't work. I have just the mobile and desktop apps set up for the extension. I want the call to divert to voicemail more quickly than the default but I can't change it.
on Mar 31, 2021 at 6:47am   •  0 likes

Same here. Doesn't seem like something that should take a year to fix.

on Oct 2, 2019 at 8:17am   •  0 likes
Hi Nicole

I have tried both direct and via a queue. It's currently set up as direct and here are the Call Handling and Forwarding settings

It doesn't make any difference what value I select in the ring/secs dropdown.

Thanks,
Jon
on Feb 5, 2021 at 9:20pm   •  0 likes

Any updates on this? We're experiencing a similar thing where the phones (simultaneous) will ring for 3:30 min before going to voicemail.

3 Answers
answered on Aug 12, 2022 at 7:29am  

Hello, I'm just looking for an update on this issue - has RingCentral found a solution?

Thanks!

on Aug 15, 2022 at 7:14am   •  0 likes

Hi @Fred Kenney, it shows that the JIRA ticket is closed. Please submit a ticket to Tech Support to investigate the issue.
https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

answered on Oct 3, 2019 at 1:26pm  
Hey Janet and Jon Mier, sorry for the frustration. The Engineering team is still looking into this issue and how to fix it. I'm currently watching the JIRA and when they post an update there, I'll let you know!

on Oct 26, 2020 at 4:39pm   •  0 likes

We have the same problem with our queue and direct incoming calls. No amount of resetting the number of rings seems to do the trick.

answered on Oct 2, 2019 at 9:52am  

answered on Oct 2, 2019 at 5:49am  
Hi Janet & Jon,

In this scenario is the user being called directly or via a queue? I'm assuming directly, but wanted to touch on the queue aspect just in case - you may need to alter the caller wait time. For our queue calls, we have it set up so that if one of our reps doesn't answer within 10 seconds it jumps to the next person (for the caller's sake):

Assuming it has nothing to do with a queue, could you take a screenshot of the user's Call Handling settings? I'm thinking it has something to do with the forwarding order (Sequentially vs. Simultaneous) or the option under the Desktop & Mobile option. Here is a screenshot of my personal user settings (I use the RingCentral Phone application and do not have any other devices/forwarding set up):

Let me know how you make out and I will try to help further. :)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us