News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Embeddable Implementation + Make API Call
Tags: embeddable, getting started, rest api
Oct 7, 2022 at 9:50am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Nathan Douds

I'm hoping to use the Embeddable widget for 95% of our new app's functionality, however there are a few things that I need which appear to only come from making REST calls.

What is the simplest way for me to use the embeddable widget (and the out of the box auth functionality) and then make an API request on behalf of the currently logged in user. Please note: for this app, it will be public, so users outside of the app's client id will be the ones logging in primarily. Everything I've tried so far keeps giving me a 401.

1 Answer
answered on Oct 11, 2022 at 6:31pm  

Hi @Nathan Douds Can you share which API you want to request out of the embeddable. For some commands, you can use embeddable's API directly https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable/blob/master/docs/control-widget.md#control-widget

Any API request to RingCentral server require access token. Currently the embeddable saves access token in the iframe's local storage. You can only access that when you host the embeddable in the same domain. But it is not recommended to use token inside the embeddable, as the widget will refresh the token and expired old one.

If you want to request RingCentral API, It is better that you create another RingCentral RESTful app, and have another token management in the server side.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us