question

Susan Pieroni avatar image
Susan Pieroni asked Susan Pieroni answered

Listen to Call Recording of specific users

Is there a way that I can allow a manager to listen to only his employees' call recordings?

call recording
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Susan, both the user extension and the super admin will be able to listen to the Call Recording. To clarify, would you like the admin only to listen and not the extension user?

0 Likes 0 ·
Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni commented ·

This user will not be a super admin. He is a manager and I only want him to be able to listen to the recordings of his staff only. This would be ten extensions.

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-gosling avatar image
ryan-gosling answered

I think you need to use a User Group. The pathway is
Admin Portal > Users > User Groups > New Group.
The group manager:
-will have access to the settings of members assigned to him
-will have access to the Reports tab, where he can see the calls and listen to the recordings of his members

You can't have 2 group managers for 1 group, you need to either create separate groups for each manager (with the same members if you want) or you can edit an existing user group and select a different group manager.

The role of the group manager doesn't matter as far as I know. You can leave him a Standard user or you can set him to Manager. In both cases they will be able to edit most of the User Details for the users assigned to them (First Name, Last Name, Extension, Contact number etc.) and they will be able to listen to the recordings

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Susan Pieroni avatar image
Susan Pieroni answered

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for you input. I'll give that a try.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app